Heart rate analysing question

RHR38

Sep 7, 2005
Is it ok to take orthostatic heart rate test immediately after I wake up in the morning, go to the toilet and come back (still very dizzy I am)?

After long sleep and nighttime toilet visit(s) your body may be dehydrated so your blood may be thicker > elevated heartrate? Thixotropy makes your body and body fluids stiffer > elevated heartrate? Bloodsugar is low as you climb up > body feeling little 'chaotic' > elevated heartrate?

Wrong timing = wrong test results? Should I do it some other time when body is elastic, fresh, steady-state?

Any opinions?

The subject should be Heart Rate "Over" Analysing Question:)

RHR38 said:
Is it ok to take orthostatic heart rate test immediately after I wake up in the morning, go to the toilet and come back (still very dizzy I am)?

After long sleep and nighttime toilet visit(s) your body may be dehydrated so your blood may be thicker > elevated heartrate? Thixotropy makes your body and body fluids stiffer > elevated heartrate? Bloodsugar is low as you climb up > body feeling little 'chaotic' > elevated heartrate?

Wrong timing = wrong test results? Should I do it some other time when body is elastic, fresh, steady-state?

Any opinions?

I'm kinda referring into very same situation found when taking a nap between morning and evening workouts. Person is stiff and dizzy for a while and needs some period of time before entering next workout (at least when workout needs good balance and/or cordination). Or is it everybody jumping up from the bed, glass of water, helmet, shoes..60 seconds and gone already?
rolleyes.gif

Don't think it's a waste of training time, but I must admit I'm not a pro coach. Always thought recovery meant at least half success in this business..Maybe simple solution is just to do it always same time same conditions.

I suppose that instead of RHR other methods are more widely used for estimating the recovery status; wether you can't hold your wattage for the target duration due to feeling **** maybe it's better to ride home and take a rest or easy day.

Yeah I understand that, to be honest I've done that mostly myself and just skipped if not able to hold it.