Heart Rate monitor and Pacemaker

RoadHazzardBuzz

Mar 3, 2003
Greetings,
I am the lucky recipient of a new pacemaker. I have no restrictions as far as exercise (or anything actually). I just purchased a Polar S-720i, and I was wondering if there are any issues with interference between the transmitter and the pacemaker. Are there are any other cyclists in this forum, or do you know of any who have a pacemaker and use a wireless heart monitor? I can use microwaves (as long as I don't climb in), cell phones, etc.
TIA
Buzz

Originally posted by RoadHazzardBuzz
Greetings,
I am the lucky recipient of a new pacemaker. I have no restrictions as far as exercise (or anything actually). I just purchased a Polar S-720i, and I was wondering if there are any issues with interference between the transmitter and the pacemaker. Are there are any other cyclists in this forum, or do you know of any who have a pacemaker and use a wireless heart monitor? I can use microwaves (as long as I don't climb in), cell phones, etc.
TIA
Buzz

Thats a good question, i've often wondered that myself. I spose you dont wanna try it and get back to us do you? :D

Well Steve,

Got information from the pacemaker company and my doctor. Both said no problem, (as long as I don't wear it around my neck:eek: ) The weather tomorrow is supposed to get up to 55! a heat wave, so I'll give it a try. Now if I can just figure the darn thing out.....