Heart rate monitor and wireless signals crossed

Mish

Feb 28, 2004
A friend has a Polar 150 (I believe) heart rate monitor and a Cateye wireless computer with cadence. When he is in the aero position on his TT bike the heart rate readings are all over the board and when he sits up they return to normal. Is there a fix for this signal crossover mess?

kdelong said:
Tell him to wear a lead vest!:D

Actually not a bad idea. Might slow him down a bit.
I told him to put the wrist band on top of his helmet and use a mirror to view the readings. This way it is farther away from the wireless computer.

anyone else got any ideas

Mish said:
Actually not a bad idea. Might slow him down a bit.
I told him to put the wrist band on top of his helmet and use a mirror to view the readings. This way it is farther away from the wireless computer.

anyone else got any ideas
Being completely serious, there is no easy fix for the cross over. As long as he is going to use two wireless devices that have the receivers so close together, he will get cross over. That is why the optional speed sensor for the Polar S150 is wired instead of wireless. Your suggestion of wearing the wristband on his helmet, while being made in jest, is probably going to be the most successful solution if he keeps his current computer and HR Monitor. The only sensible soution to his problem, though, would be for him to replace one of his wireless devices with a wired one.