Heart Rate Monitor Question

jnorth51

May 5, 2006
Greetings,

I am looking for some info/recommendations on buying a low priced heart rate monitor.

My goal, is to eventually get a nice heart rate monitor/GPS unit, but for now, that is out of my price range.

Now, I would like to have a heart rate monitor that is relatively inexpensive and can be used as a watch/heart rate monitor. I want to use it for cycling, but i also want to use it for other things too - doing cardio at the gym, etc, and I do have a cycling computer. I have checked into the Polars, and some of them seem fine (a little more than i wanted to pay). Initially, I thought the Timex Triax 15, but after reading some reviews online, I am now a bit turned off (due to the high number of negative reviews).

Comments/Suggestions?

Any issues with the S150 and CS200 models? Those are not too expensive, but very feature packed. I have an old HRM, but I cannot find it anywhere in the house!! :mad: I am sure w/ some new batts it would work fine!!

i bought a Sigma Fit Watch online. cheap.

Features include 3 HR Zones, avg. HR, Max HR, time HR each zones (% and minutes), Training time, 7 memory slots, and other things i dont use. Only gripe is its not backlit.

good luck