Heart rate monitor question.....

LI Roadie

Oct 25, 2003
Most heart rate monitors I`m aware of have the strap that you must wear around your chest. My question is do they make one that is only the watch part that does both? and if so has anyone had any experience with them?

thanks in advance

Originally posted by LI Roadie
Most heart rate monitors I`m aware of have the strap that you must wear around your chest. My question is do they make one that is only the watch part that does both? and if so has anyone had any experience with them?

thanks in advance

No good. the strap picks up the very weak electrical signal your heart sends out with each beat.

Won't work from the wrist.

Originally posted by LI Roadie

thanks in advance

The ones without a strap are pretty useless as they require you to put your fingers somewhere on it to get a read - obviously not a good thing on a bike. Plus they of course cannot offer continuous readings.

Don't worry about the strap, one gets used to it real quick, just not a big deal at all.