heart rate monitor

Gendron Mitchel

Guest
I have to buy a new heart rate monitor. I am used to the Polar Monitor. I just saw an advertising of
the Fitsense monitor which also combine a pace and distance monitor.

Can someone can compare the Fitsense and the Polar monitors?

Thank you!

Louise Gendron, new marathoner at 47 years old.

gendron mitchell wrote in message ...
>I have to buy a new heart rate monitor. I am used to the Polar Monitor. I just saw an advertising
>of the Fitsense monitor which also combine a pace and distance monitor.
>
>Can someone can compare the Fitsense and the Polar monitors?
>
>Thank you!
>
>Louise Gendron, new marathoner at 47 years old.

I know someone that bought one of those "Fitsense" monitors and he has returned either the sensor or
the watch quite a few times.

Me, I think I'll wait until they add altitude and temperature to the Timex. GPS watch, but until
then I'll keep using a Polar S710.

Roger

"Roger 2k" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
> gendron mitchell wrote in message ...
> >I have to buy a new heart rate monitor. I am used to the Polar Monitor.
> >just saw an advertising of the Fitsense monitor which also combine a pace and distance monitor.
> >
> >Can someone can compare the Fitsense and the Polar monitors?
> >
> >Thank you!
> >
> >Louise Gendron, new marathoner at 47 years old.
>

> I know someone that bought one of those "Fitsense" monitors and he has returned either the sensor
> or the watch quite a few times.
>
> Me, I think I'll wait until they add altitude and temperature to the
Timex.
> GPS watch, but until then I'll keep using a Polar S710.
>
> Roger

How do you like your Polar S710? I have just exchanged my A5 for an S610, I'm hoping to have better
luck with it. My A5 would show erratic readings such as average HR's of 249bpm or 28bpm. Polar was
good enough to offer an exchange.

Gary

Gary Drainville wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>How do you like your Polar S710? I have just exchanged my A5 for an S610, I'm hoping to have better
>luck with it. My A5 would show erratic readings such as average HR's of 249bpm or 28bpm. Polar was
>good enough to offer an exchange.
>
>Gary

The buttons on my S710 are not perfect, but they are nowhere near as bad as the buttons on the S210
I exchanged for it.

The altitude drifts a bit in a race. I mean the ending altitude never matches the starting altitude
even if they are the same place.

The temperature does not read correctly when it is worn. It would probably work OK if it were
mounted on a bicycle.

From the above and since I don't plan on mounting it on a bicycle, that means the only real
difference, to me, between the S610 and the S710 is a little more memory and I could probably live
without that.

Oh ya, the S710 is noticeably thicker than an S610 so it has a drawback.

Roger