Heart rate monitor

novais77

Feb 4, 2019
Hello to all fellow bikers
I'm 41 and starting to ride again since i was about my twenty's so i'm trying to figure out some things that are 'new' to me.
One is the cycle computer. Since i have an apple watch and a iphone 8 plus, i was thinking in securelly mounting my phone on the bike and use it with some app like strava. The issue is, i would also like to see my heart rate on the screen, but i can´t find a 'bike app' with that type of info obtained from the watch.
Does anybody know?
Is it a very risky solution, is better a cheast solution?

Thank you all for any contribution!
Nuno

Hello to all fellow bikers
I'm 41 and starting to ride again since i was about my twenty's so i'm trying to figure out some things that are 'new' to me.
One is the cycle computer. Since i have an apple watch and a iphone 8 plus, i was thinking in securelly mounting my phone on the bike and use it with some app like strava. The issue is, i would also like to see my heart rate on the screen, but i can´t find a 'bike app' with that type of info obtained from the watch.
Does anybody know?
Is it a very risky solution, is better a cheast solution?

Thank you all for any contribution!
Nuno
Here is a really good device - remember that Polar started the heart rate monitoring for athletic performance. https://www.wareable.com/running/heart-rate-monitors-strava

Do NOT use any word of mouth or rule of thumb to decide your max heart rate. They are invariably incorrect and further out on practiced athletes the older you get. Get a performance test from a sports physiologist.