Heart Rate Monitor

firegooroo

Dec 22, 2003
In your opinion, what would you consider a good HRM. I currently have one but it does one thing and one thing only, that's take your heart rate. I'm looking for something that looks at target zones, averages and maximums for a decsent price. Whats your input on the matter. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.:D

Originally posted by firegooroo
In your opinion, what would you consider a good HRM. I currently have one but it does one thing and one thing only, that's take your heart rate. I'm looking for something that looks at target zones, averages and maximums for a decsent price. Whats your input on the matter. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.:D

The Polar A3 should fit those needs. I found one on sale last year for $65.00.

http://www.polar.fi/polar/channels/eng/segments/products/A3.html

I agree with Cipher. I have an A3 and it does everything I need.
I like the average heart rate so I can judge my overall effort more easily.
I also like my heart rate to be displayed in %. You have to fiddle with your birthdate after you figure your maximum as it uses the formula of 220 - age to figure what 100% is.

On the A3 can you manually enter a max heart rate. I have reached a level that the 220 minus age doesn't fit any more.

On the A3 can you manually enter a max heart rate. I have reached a level that the 220 minus age doesn't fit any more.

Thanks I will have to reread my manual

On the A3 can you manually enter a max heart rate?...

I have had the A3 for about 1,5 years, using it both for running and cycling. I find it very simple to use, not too many confusing and unnecessary functions, just the stuff you really want to know at the end of a ride/run.

To your question: Yes you can raise the max heart rate manually.

Another thing i find especially useful when running is the graphic indicator for sucessfully completed 10 minute chunks of staying in your target zone. It is in the display, while you can still read your current heart rate as well.

What might be a minus is the ability of saving only the very last run/ride deatails in the watch memory. If you accidentally press the start button again after your training, it sweeps all the information of the just completed training session.

Overall, i can really recommend it!

good luck,

Nirusu

Have a look at the SIGMA pc-14 or pc-1600 ( my choice ) it gives , time , zone , zone + zone - ( in mins ) avg , max plus laps all for about 70 euros : check the SIGMASPORT web site ( oh and you can change the bat in the transmitor at home , and any watch shop can change the unit battery )
Idiot proof : and for me it needs to be .

The SIGMA pc-1600 is one of my top choices that I'm looking at. How long have you been using it.

Y gracias por su informacion.