Heart Rate Monitors.... help!

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by mtbiker74, Oct 1, 2003.

1. mtbiker74

mtbiker74 New Member

Hi all,

Going to get a hrm soon and was deciding between the CicloSport CP23 and Polar S410. I know that Polar is more popular but the CP23 has more feature. Tried to look on the internet, not many shops selling CicloSport. Why is it so? Which is more reliable & easy to use? Maybe some of the Ciclosport/Polar owners can advice me. Thanks a lot.

Rgds.

Tags:

2. rollers

rollers New Member

I don't know the CicloSport models at all but I can certainly say that Polar is great. I have had mine for about a year and it's never failed me.

The trick is knowing what to do with and not to do with all the data you get from them, but that's a whole different topic altogether. Bottom line, if you get good reviews on the model you're considering and buy from a reputable source you'll be OK because any HR data you get is better than none at all if you really want to improve.

3. J-MAT

J-MAT New Member

mtbiker74 :

Good comments by rollers. I've used Polar monitors for over 13 years, and I swear by them. Polar is the standard by which all monitors can be measured.

Additionally, Polar has contributed a LOT to the cycling community over the years in the way of product research and development, training programs, and equipment availability to researchers. Polar put heart-rate monitors on the map. If death and taxes are two of life's absolutes, Polar monitors are probably close!!!

Happy monitoring!!!