Heart Rate Monitors

Originally posted by RideonMike
Just picked up a Polar S720i thru eBay - $280US including the cadence sensor.

Can't get the IR download to work yet!

Do you have a motherboard with the (Open Host Controller Interface) USB? If you have that you will never get it to work : (
I hade to change to seriell interface.

Polar A3 cost me around P 6,400 pesos worth the investment i lost 40 lbs. in 4 months

Originally posted by Guest
Hi guys,

Just a few quick questions....

1) What type of HRM do you have?

2) How much did it cost you?

cheers!

Just purchased the basic Polar S150. Does everything I need plus has a speedo.

Memph

Originally posted by dasaint
Polar A3 cost me around P 6,400 pesos worth the investment i lost 40 lbs. in 4 months

1st time i heard of a hrm shedding fat, i though that
took excersise:D

Originally posted by Guest
Hi guys,

Just a few quick questions....

1) What type of HRM do you have?

2) How much did it cost you?

cheers!

dBase, second from cheapest model, with only current HR, min/max alarms, time, date, stopwatch. Works very well and does not interfere with wireless Ciclo 414.

Cost: US $30, on sale.

I am thinking of upgrading to top of line Ciclomaster or Polar so that I can track and download ride data.

Originally posted by Look381i
dBase, second from cheapest model, with only current HR, min/max alarms, time, date, stopwatch. Works very well and does not interfere with wireless Ciclo 414.

Cost: US $30, on sale.

I am thinking of upgrading to top of line Ciclomaster or Polar so that I can track and download ride data.

Don't have to have top-of-the-line Polar for this feature. Mine is not and able to do this feature......

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Just purchased the basic Polar S150. Does everything I need plus has a speedo.

Memph

hi everyone,

i'm just returning to cycling after a six year layoff (shattered ankle, two surgeries and a few years of rest and reflection). i'm baaaackkkk.. :)

i have an s150 as well...except that i can't figure out how to check maximum heart rate for the session.

poolmouse

Originally posted by poolmouse
hi everyone,

i'm just returning to cycling after a six year layoff (shattered ankle, two surgeries and a few years of rest and reflection). i'm baaaackkkk.. :)

i have an s150 as well...except that i can't figure out how to check maximum heart rate for the session.

poolmouse

Do our monitors even have this feature? Have to look at instructions. If you figure it out, plz let me know.....

Memph

Polars usually show the max HR on the first screen when you recall exercise information.. the lower row will alternate between average and maximum HR (same thing when you are viewing individual laps, though then it alternates between HR at the lap split, average, and maximum)

Originally posted by rek
Polars usually show the max HR on the first screen when you recall exercise information.. the lower row will alternate between average and maximum HR (same thing when you are viewing individual laps, though then it alternates between HR at the lap split, average, and maximum)

thanks! i'll have to check this out the next time i go out for a run. the s150 is listed as having the max heart rate feature:

Polar S150 Features

i'd like to know if anyone has the clif notes on how to do the following (which is the standard morning exercise procedure for me and my friends):

1. start
2. note each lap
3. stop
4. recall lap times
5. recall average hr for each lap
6. recall max hr for entire period

if the above could be simply laid out, my morning running/skating/riding friends and i would be enternally in your debt...all of you!

:D
poolmouse

Originally posted by poolmouse
i'd like to know if anyone has the clif notes on how to do the following (which is the standard morning exercise procedure for me and my friends):

1. start
2. note each lap
3. stop
4. recall lap times
5. recall average hr for each lap
6. recall max hr for entire period

if the above could be simply laid out, my morning running/skating/riding friends and i would be enternally in your debt...all of you!
Most Polars seem to work pretty much the same, so...

1. press red button from the clock screen, and then once it's picked up your heart rate, press the red button again to start recording (or if autostart is on, start riding)

2. while you're riding, press the red button to mark a lap-split

3. press the lower-left button to stop recording, then again to completely finish the exercise.

4/5/6. from the clock, go through the menu to the 'file' section. it should show the file with the time and date of the exercise. pressing the red button should bring you the total time of the exercise, and the lower display should alternate between average and max hr.

you can then scroll up and down through some info; when you get to 'laps' press the red button again, and you can scroll through the lap times (and some alternating HR info will show on the lower display)

Originally posted by rek
Most Polars seem to work pretty much the same, so...

1. press red button from the clock screen, and then once it's picked up your heart rate, press the red button again to start recording (or if autostart is on, start riding)

2. while you're riding, press the red button to mark a lap-split

3. press the lower-left button to stop recording, then again to completely finish the exercise.

4/5/6. from the clock, go through the menu to the 'file' section. it should show the file with the time and date of the exercise. pressing the red button should bring you the total time of the exercise, and the lower display should alternate between average and max hr.

you can then scroll up and down through some info; when you get to 'laps' press the red button again, and you can scroll through the lap times (and some alternating HR info will show on the lower display)

wow...thanks! i hope someone from polar is on this forum. it would be nice to see examples like this in their user manuals.

:)
poolmouse

Polar S510, got it on the "returned goods" table at REI for $75 US. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it! It has the exact same distance and speed as my Vetta computer, so the bike functions are quite accurate.