Heart Rate, Watts, & Physical Condition

Hkek

Guest
Did Lance Armstrong state this correctly?

He said, something to this effect:

One is climbing a hill using 400 watts with a heart rate at 140. He then ups the output to 450
watts. If his heart rate responds by staying at 140 BPM he is tired, spent, fatigued. If his heart
rate responds by increasing to 170 BPM, he is fit, rested, and ready to continue.

Did he state this correctly?

I hope he did not say that.

"HKEK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Did Lance Armstrong state this correctly?
>
> He said, something to this effect:
>
> One is climbing a hill using 400 watts with a heart rate at 140. He then ups the output to 450
> watts. If his heart rate responds by staying at 140 BPM he is tired, spent, fatigued. If his heart
> rate responds by increasing to 170 BPM, he is fit, rested, and ready to continue.
>
> Did he state this correctly?

"HKEK" <[email protected]...
> Did Lance Armstrong state this correctly?
>
> He said, something to this effect:
>
> One is climbing a hill using 400 watts with a heart rate at 140. He then ups the output to 450
> watts. If his heart rate responds by staying at 140 BPM he is tired, spent, fatigued. If his heart
> rate responds by increasing to 170 BPM, he is fit, rested, and ready to continue.
>
> Did he state this correctly?

Who knows?

Of course his heart rate is going to climb as his power increases.

Lance is always fit and ready to continue and hurt his rivals.

-Ken

I think he meant that if his HR doesn't climb his body is too tired, time for rest instead of hard
effort. if this is so, then he stated it correctly.

400 watts at 140 is huge. since supposedly his max HR is right around 200. so at 70% of his max HR
he puts out 400 watts. holy ****, for most people this is about 225 watts at their 70% range. no
wonder he kills em all.

ask the dr coggan.