Heartrate Monitor Erratic

androo

Jul 20, 2004
Hi,
I have a Graph X heartrate monitor made by Cardiosport. Up until three months ago it worked fine. Now, whilst going downhill the reading shoots up to 220 plus. Also, on the flat it just suddenly drops to zero. I always make sure the electrodes are well wet before starting excercise. I have tried using cotton shirts as I thought maybe friction was the cause and, I've even changed the belt and had the watch checked out but it still happens.
Also I am not in contact with other monitor users.
Why should this suddenly happen when for the first 3 months it was fine. I ride the same circuits weekly as before.

Androo

I would'nt have though so as, the monitor is only 5 months old.

martin_j001 said:
Any possibilty the battery in the watch needs to be changed?

androo said:
Hi,
Now, whilst going downhill the reading shoots up to 220 plus.

Androo
Maybe it's from getting reeeeeeally scared while going downhill?? :D Ha! Just a joke. sorry, couldn't resist.

I assume you're wearing nothing else that is emitting any signal?

Could be it just crapped out, which of course can happen to anything involving electronic circuitry...

Also, though it be only five months old, you never know how long it sat in the package, under what temps, etc. The battery is worth a shot I think. My current cycling computer came out of the package with a "new" battery, yet was dead as a doorknob. New battery fixed her right up...

Tomorrow I'm going back to the shop where I purchased it and I'll mention the watch battery. It's true, that even though a product is sold as new you never know how long it's been on the shelf, just ticking away in my case.

Androo

roadhog said:
Maybe it's from getting reeeeeeally scared while going downhill?? :D Ha! Just a joke. sorry, couldn't resist.

I assume you're wearing nothing else that is emitting any signal?

Could be it just crapped out, which of course can happen to anything involving electronic circuitry...

Also, though it be only five months old, you never know how long it sat in the package, under what temps, etc. The battery is worth a shot I think. My current cycling computer came out of the package with a "new" battery, yet was dead as a doorknob. New battery fixed her right up...