heat molded insoles

merlin2049er

Jun 24, 2013
Hi, I've got a pair of time cycling shoes. Just wondering if anyone replaced their soles with heat molded insoles?

Which make/ brand? are they worthy?

I'm looking to get a pair, if it makes a bit of a difference. My feet ache during and after a ride, just like to ease the pain a bit.

Thanks,
Joe

Originally Posted by merlin2049er .

Hi, I've got a pair of time cycling shoes. Just wondering if anyone replaced their soles with heat molded insoles?

I'm looking to get a pair, if it makes a bit of a difference. My feet ache during and after a ride, just like to ease the pain a bit.

Thanks,
Joe
they're a great idea if you need them, so are custom shoes from companies like bont http://www.bont.com/cycling/

Originally Posted by merlin2049er .

Thanks,
Joe
All is fair in the quest for happy feet while cycling (or any other activity that requires bipedal perambulation). I've used Specialized BG footbeds, Soles heat-moldable footbeds, medically prescribed orthotics, and Superfeet. They all have their benefits and drawbacks. Right now my favorite is Giro, but I'm not saying that will never change.

What I liked about Soles was getting the medial arch just right--out of the box, the arch is high and just a little far back for most people. After molding, it came down and forward a bit, but not enough to let my feet slide forward. What I didn't like was that they did not conform to the smaller bony features of my feet and they do not have metatarsal arches.

By the way, my shoes are Bont A3s, and our Bont rep even recommended using aftermarket footbeds of your choice.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat .

All is fair in the quest for happy feet while cycling (or any other activity that requires bipedal perambulation). I've used Specialized BG footbeds, Soles heat-moldable footbeds, medically prescribed orthotics, and Superfeet. They all have their benefits and drawbacks. Right now my favorite is Giro, but I'm not saying that will never change.

What I liked about Soles was getting the medial arch just right--out of the box, the arch is high and just a little far back for most people. After molding, it came down and forward a bit, but not enough to let my feet slide forward. What I didn't like was that they did not conform to the smaller bony features of my feet and they do not have metatarsal arches.

By the way, my shoes are Bont A3s, and our Bont rep even recommended using aftermarket footbeds of your choice.
I was never sure if those footbeds were just a marketing gimmick or not, great info!

Originally Posted by ambal .

I was never sure if those footbeds were just a marketing gimmick or not, great info!
Yeah, they're for real.