Heat-shrinkable saddle cover-worth fabric/material?

Evan Byrne

Guest
YO! I got a viscount saddle recently and i think its my favorite feeling
saddle, the cover is skin tight and one peice vinyl. Though its 3.5
pounds and im needing a saddle to put on my light uni. I have a cf base
on the way and am looking for a heat-shrinkable material that would be
good for a saddle cover? Anyone know of something that would work?

--
Evan Byrne
http://www.usenet.com

Evan Byrne wrote:
> YO! I got a viscount saddle recently and i think its my favorite feeling
> saddle, the cover is skin tight and one peice vinyl. Though its 3.5
> pounds and im needing a saddle to put on my light uni. I have a cf base
> on the way and am looking for a heat-shrinkable material that would be
> good for a saddle cover? Anyone know of something that would work?

i don't know of anything in particular, but you may be able to get
ahold of a HUGE tubular heat shrink material and glue it on, then
shrink it. I think its pretty sturdy too, nice and tough.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

you can get real thick heat shrink tubing, so maybe get yourself a piece
and cut it flat? thats the only thing i can think of.

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

Here's a wild idea... dunno if it'll work... take the viscount cover
and trim off the material that wraps around the sides of the seat. Cut
some wide strips of heat-shrink tubing and stitch the cover onto that.
Then you might be able to heat-shrink yourself a nice seat onto the
base.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
http://www.usenet.com

The KH Fusion seat cover will fit it nicely and be fairly snug. My
trials uni has a CF base with foam from a Viscount and then a KH Fusion
seat cover. It fits well. Had to trim a little bit of foam from the
front because the Viscount foam was just a little too long for the CF
base and Fusion cover.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com