Heavy-Footed

wazztie16

Nov 22, 2009
Hi, i have been told i'm heavy footed when riding my bicycle, and i've had to repair my pedal area, e'g pedals and shaft inside a few times in the past couple of years, probably because of this. Any tips on how to become a bit more light-footed?

wazztie16 said:
Hi, i have been told i'm heavy footed when riding my bicycle, and i've had to repair my pedal area, e'g pedals and shaft inside a few times in the past couple of years, probably because of this. Any tips on how to become a bit more light-footed?
Your saddle's height is probably too low by more than a couple of inches.

Yeah, adjust the height of your seat and it should help. You don't mention if you're overweight, so I'm assuming you're fit and healthy. But folks that tend to be heavy on their feet are either overweight and/or their blood pressure isn't quite right. Young and fit men need to be thin blooded and swift on their feet.

Your saddle's height is probably too low by more than a couple of inches.

I agree that this may be the root of the problem - improper height of the saddle. However, I know of some people who are the equivalent of heavy-handed with the pedals. It may be their habit to push that hard even when not necessary. But on second thought, why ruin the pedal even if you push that hard when the pedal is designed for that purpose?

If it's not the saddle that is the problem then just buy a more expensive pedal that would last for a lifetime.