General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Heavy Heart Beat at Night

Started by ken · · Last activity · 3 posts · 372 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 November 2003
Last activity
14 November 2003
Original author
ken
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
372
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I sleep on my stomach.. am relatively thin.
    Some nights I can feel my heart beating through my chest, stomach and
    pillow. Nothing fast or irregular.. Just the sound. Other nights nada.

    What causes this. It is almost like a heavier sound.

    Regards, Ken

  2. I also feel the heartbeat. I can usually eliminate the sensation by
    changing my position. It is felt mostly when I sleep on my right side.
    I do not feel it when I am on my back and only slightly on my left side
    .. Try raising your ear off the pillow to see if you still feel the
    sensation. I believe much of it is coming via the ear.

    --

    Herb
    Boulder, CO

    "ken" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I sleep on my stomach.. am relatively thin.
    Some nights I can feel my heart beating through my chest, stomach and
    pillow. Nothing fast or irregular.. Just the sound. Other nights


    nada.

    Quoted message said:


    What causes this. It is almost like a heavier sound.

    Regards, Ken

  3. I hear my heartbeat at night, too. It's annoying when I can't sleep
    and hear a too rapid beat. It's no problem when I go to sleep
    normally - try shifting your position in bed, etc.

    "Herb" <herbiem@ phony.com> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I also feel the heartbeat. I can usually eliminate the sensation by
    changing my position. It is felt mostly when I sleep on my right side.
    I do not feel it when I am on my back and only slightly on my left side
    . Try raising your ear off the pillow to see if you still feel the
    sensation. I believe much of it is coming via the ear.

    --

    Herb
    Boulder, CO

    "ken" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I sleep on my stomach.. am relatively thin.
    Some nights I can feel my heart beating through my chest, stomach and
    pillow. Nothing fast or irregular.. Just the sound. Other nights


    nada.

    Quoted message said:


    What causes this. It is almost like a heavier sound.

    Regards, Ken

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.