Heavy Heart Beat at Night

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Ken, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    I sleep on my stomach.. am relatively thin. Some nights I can feel my heart beating through my
    chest, stomach and pillow. Nothing fast or irregular.. Just the sound. Other nights nada.

    What causes this. It is almost like a heavier sound.

    Regards, Ken

    Tags:

  2. Herb

    Herb Guest

    I also feel the heartbeat. I can usually eliminate the sensation by changing my position. It is
    felt mostly when I sleep on my right side. I do not feel it when I am on my back and only slightly
    on my left side
    . Try raising your ear off the pillow to see if you still feel the sensation. I believe much of it
    is coming via the ear.

    --

    Herb
    Boulder, CO

    "ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I sleep on my stomach.. am relatively thin.
    > Some nights I can feel my heart beating through my chest, stomach and
    > pillow. Nothing fast or irregular.. Just the sound. Other nights
    nada.

    > What causes this. It is almost like a heavier sound.
    >
    > Regards, Ken

  3. I hear my heartbeat at night, too. It's annoying when I can't sleep and hear a too rapid beat. It's
    no problem when I go to sleep normally - try shifting your position in bed, etc.

    news:<[email protected]>...