HED 2011 Jet disc wheel

Bashers

Oct 7, 2013
Well after being abit of a HED wheel groupie having purchased over the years two HED 3 and one HED disc, when my disc went out of true I did not even think of not getting another, however when I received the wheel I then realised it was a spoked wheel with covers. No problem I thought its first outing produced a short 57 over twenty five miles so I was happy. However I became aware by the end of 2011 that the wheel may be touching the frame on occasions as the side walls showed contact. this problem seemed to get worse with more marks being evident on the side wall. It was only this season when a club mate kept saying to me ( in wet events ) that his HED Jet was filling up with water.Mine was not, this was because my side panels had de laminated themselves from the rim, so they at times were infact acting as an air brake.
HED UK were hopeless ,they didn't phone back when they said they would and reverted from being my best mate when I first spoke to being an annoyance. I sent the wheel back to them with all the insurance which cost me about £50, then it took them nearly 4 weeks to get the wheel back to me, because they had to wait for the glue that was coming from the USA, then because the wheel was over two years old, ( although in real terms 15 months old, only used between April and September ) I had to pay for them to re glue the side panels and pay the postage back to me, costing me another £45.
So be aware
Bashers