HED DISC, what's missing?

motoXwanab

Jul 25, 2004
First, please do not say "Skewers". I've got those, I mean something relating to the hub. Here' s a photo for you to see. IF anyone has a similar wheel, please tell me what I need. (the picture with the spoked wheel has nothing wrong with it, it's just a comparison) Presently, if I place the wheel onto my frame and secure the skewers in place, there is nothing to support the axel. Any ideas? What it's called and where can I find one?:mad:

motoXwanab said:
First, please do not say "Skewers". I've got those, I mean something relating to the hub. Here' s a photo for you to see. IF anyone has a similar wheel, please tell me what I need. (the picture with the spoked wheel has nothing wrong with it, it's just a comparison) Presently, if I place the wheel onto my frame and secure the skewers in place, there is nothing to support the axel. Any ideas? What it's called and where can I find one?:mad:
I don't see a cassette locking ring......I think I know what you're talking about.... it's like a threaded nipple that screws onto the actual hub. I don't know the actual name of it, but I'm sure that HED should know... www.hedcycling.com

Let me know when you find out what it's called.

motoXwanab said:
New information.... I think it is just a simple aluminum spacer.... that's what they call it on my Renn disc. On my disc, it takes a 2mm wrench.

Thanks for your help. I've also been told that it could be an "axel cap". I'm waiting for a reply from HED.:confused:

The cassette locking ring is not a HED part. It will either be Shimano or Campagnolo for the type of hub Hed uses. Nice wheel though.

Dave