HED should make their wheels in the USA!

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
When I first started road biking in 2003, HED 3 wheelsets were around $680 complete! Then the dollar just tanked to .64 euro / $1 ! That's just too weak! Complete HED 3 wheelsets now go for more than $1500! They should quit making them in Spain and just make them in the good ole USA! - Doesn't Zipp do that?

Maybe Mavic should set up a USA mfg shop too! Plus other euro companies!

That makes sense, I am just happy buying something that is not manufactured in China or Tiawan

Didn't Trek move the manufacturing of their low end bikes to China?

And isn't most SRAM stuff made in Taiwan?

Well, that's just about a stupid idea. It's more expensive to manufacture in the US, so likely the prices would be even higher if made here.

I know money is the most important thing in your life, but maybe you oughta lay off talking about money for a year or two. The combination of you whining about prices and bragging about some allegedly spectacular bike collection makes you sound like a self serving ****nut and attention *****.

I think at the very beginning HED made them in the USA, then switched to Spain?

Alienator - you're just too self righteous and think your opinion is the only right one too often.

Now my $3800 AL Soloist is worth more than $4300 because of the HED 3's on it!

JTE83 said:
I think at the very beginning HED made them in the USA, then switched to Spain?

Alienator - you're just too self righteous and think your opinion is the only right one too often.

Now my $3800 AL Soloist is worth more than $4300 because of the HED 3's on it!

Self-righteous? What, because I, like a lot of others, get sick of the boasting and money-centric blathering of a felon who beat up an innocent old man? Right. Whatever. I hardly think, given how you can so easily justify your paranoia and your assault and battery of an innocent person, well, you're probably the last person that can offer up any keen insights on people.

Let's roll back over the boasts that you masturbate yourself to sleep over:
  1. Your alleged $25,000 bike collection
  2. Your alleged $4300 Soloist
  3. Your hypermiling dorkmobile
  4. Your job as a CAD drone
  5. Your pay as a CAD drone
  6. Your wet dream ride, Lakeshore Dr, everyday, at least until you find an old lady to beat up
The list goes on, but it's all so mind numbing that the details are all blurring together. Question: have you actually found anyone who was remotely interested in your finances or what you spend your cash on?

FYI, you're exactly the person that people in other countries think of when they're trying to find the reason for their hate of Americans. You're the one that prompts them to think to themselves and say to their friends, "Let's **** with the American **** head.

So, you actually think you're gonna be chosen for a real life engineering assignment instead of the CAD paint by numbers that you do? Really? I'll bet you couldn't design your way out of a wet ****ing paper bag.

That was intense..but I liked it...what exactly is this about lakeshore dr.?

Where do you live JTE83?

As I sit here clicking through posts on my $22.00 IBM branded mouse and typing with my $30.00 IBM branded keyboard, I would like to point out that moving an entire production line because of exchange rates can be risky and rather expensive.

And what happens if next year the Euro tanks and the USD goes up again? They shut down production for three months and move everything back to Euro-land?

alienator said:
Self-righteous? What, because I, like a lot of others, get sick of the boasting and money-centric blathering of a felon who beat up an innocent old man? Right. Whatever. I hardly think, given how you can so easily justify your paranoia and your assault and battery of an innocent person, well, you're probably the last person that can offer up any keen insights on people.
Clearly, some of us have missed something interesting/disturbing (or maybe I am just too new here). Anyone care to elaborate on this incident of beating up an old man?

RedRider2009 said:
That was intense..but I liked it...what exactly is this about lakeshore dr.?

Where do you live JTE83?

LSD is an awesome almost nonstop bike path workout 7 exact miles from Navy Pier Area to I think Brywn Mawr. While biking there's lots of nice scenery and people watching / working out too. All type of chicks working out too.

Houston parks seem boring compared to LSD.

I permanently live in Chicago, but I'm working a long term indefinite contract job as a Proe Designer Detailer for Space Program stuff [NASA related] down in Houston, TX.

JTE83

Even if you thought the old guy was following you / spying on you (or indeed - if he actually was) - does that give you the right to summarily beat the **** out of him?

Something about not being judge, jury and executioner...

If I were an employer or building manager, I'd not want you in my place either - and that you lie about it (not plead for forgiveness) further re-enforces that you are not to be trusted.

Scotty

I didn't beat the **** out of him. I just turned around and punched a guy once. Then I freaked at how much damage one punch did and ran away.

It's not worth arguing with a total Alienator asshole here about this old subject.

Ok, I'm typing this on my $2486 Dell E1705 that's 2 years old.

scotty72 said:
JTE83

If I were an employer or building manager, I'd not want you in my place either - and that you lie about it (not plead for forgiveness) further re-enforces that you are not to be trusted.

Scotty

Well, if your an employer like that, I'd think you're a total asshole too. I'd be major problems for society if every employer denied employment for felons, then every felon would be a bigger major problem as he turns to crime for income. You can't plead forgiveness for the felony for an employer to hire you. So yeah, I'll rip off an employer to lie about my felony or if it will get me employment or a good APT here in Houston where almost all APT complexes discriminate against felons. It's easy for you to get idealistic because you're on the other side of the fence, not an unfortunate felon. - If I punched or beat up a Sr citizen in New York City - no felony. But I don't go beating up people. I viewed punching that guy as self defense, because my employer did really spy on me after work, found out something funny, then made fun of me in front of everyone at the Xmas company party. And 2 weeks later they make something up and fire me with perfect timing so I don't get unemployment benefits.

My last job at Schlumberger - I drove 1200 miles to start work and had to lie on the employment application that I have no felony or mental illness. They didn't ask me before I drove 1200 painful miles. At least I got a good 6 months of work there. Too bad I didn't get into Subsea work where an engineer can make $100K + / year.

JTE83 said:
I didn't beat the **** out of him. I just turned around and punched a guy once. Then I freaked at how much damage one punch did and ran away.

It's not worth arguing with a total Alienator asshole here about this old subject.

Ok, I'm typing this on my $2486 Dell E1705 that's 2 years old.

You should know about assholes. After all, it takes a flaming asshole to punch out a total stranger and then to run away like some chicken ****, spineless turd. Flaming assholes would be people who lie about their criminal history; milk the system while living with mommy; and gloat about how special they think they are because of where they've spent their money. The issue of just how big an asshole you are is completely apropos every time you bring up money, your piece of **** car, your glorified temp job, or any of the many other self centered, money mongering **** you talk about.

JTE83 said:
Well, if your an employer like that, I'd think you're a total asshole too. I'd be major problems for society if every employer denied employment for felons, then every felon would be a bigger major problem as he turns to crime for income.
I agree, but it's your self-confesed belief that you have the right to continue your illegal, deceptive ways that makes me cringe.

Of course criminals should be allowed to re-integrate once they do their time, however, that you lie about your past tells me you are still thinking like a criminal.

Ex-criminals need to accept that they need to ask forgiveness, proove they can be trusted again and understand that the world may, for some time, treat them with some suspicion- lying is not a good way to do this.

You can't plead forgiveness for the felony for an employer to hire you. So yeah, I'll rip off an employer to lie about my felony or if it will get me employment or a good APT here in Houston where almost all APT complexes discriminate against felons.
And you can't use this as a feeble excuse to continue criminal behaviour. You did the crime - you need to be prepared to stand up to the consequences like a man, not scurry away from the truth like a rat.

It's easy for you to get idealistic because you're on the other side of the fence, not an unfortunate felon.
Because I choose not to beat up other people. Criminals are not 'unfortunate felons' - they are people who choose to do wrong.

- If I punched or beat up a Sr citizen in New York City - no felony.
So what? You were in Illinios? Obey Illinios law? Is that hard to understand. If New York makes your criminal behaviour easier, choose New York - else behave?

But I don't go beating up people. I viewed punching that guy as self defense, because my employer did really spy on me after work, found out something funny, then made fun of me in front of everyone at the Xmas company party. And 2 weeks later they make something up and fire me with perfect timing so I don't get unemployment benefits.
I hope the judge, who heard that argument got a really good laugh. This guy took no physical measure against you (even if he was following you) - and you think a reasonable defence is to punch the guy? How is that defending yourself. That is an unprovoked attack. Had he have struck you, or even moved to strike you - then that may be defense.

My last job at Schlumberger - I drove 1200 miles to start work and had to lie on the employment application that I have no felony or mental illness. They didn't ask me before I drove 1200 painful miles. At least I got a good 6 months of work there. Too bad I didn't get into Subsea work where an engineer can make $100K + / year.
It would have been better for them to ask these questions before your drive - agreed.

Hopefully, you didn't see this as a situation where you had to 'defend' yourself.

SCotty

scotty72 said:
I hope the judge, who heard that argument got a really good laugh. This guy took no physical measure against you (even if he was following you) - and you think a reasonable defence is to punch the guy? How is that defending yourself. That is an unprovoked attack. Had he have struck you, or even moved to strike you - then that may be defense.

Exactly. It's obvious, by the rationalizations offered, that JTE doesn't have any remorse for his actions, nor does he show any regret. Instead he continually rationalizes away has actions and seeks to, still, avoid taking any responsibility. In short, he can't stand up and show any honor at all. If he could at least own up to what he did without blaming his employer, he might earn some respect.

You don't get respect without earning it.

Decisions are made before crimes are committed. Some admit their mistakes and try to become better people, while others run away from the consequences of their actions, hiding from their responsibility, like little children.