Hed trispokes

tsframe

Jul 25, 2004
I'm looking to buy a set of Hed trispoke..can these be handle trianing as well as triathlons. I weigh 180 lbs and train about 150 miles per week

they might handle it, I don't really know. they migh tlast a very long time, or you might hit a pothole and ruin one or both. I'd like to ask a rhetorical question..."why would you want to train on an $1100 set of carbon fiber wheels and take a chance on trashing them?" I have a set of hed alps and a rear disc and never ride any of them except on race day. but that's just me.

rv said:
they might handle it, I don't really know. they migh tlast a very long time, or you might hit a pothole and ruin one or both. I'd like to ask a rhetorical question..."why would you want to train on an $1100 set of carbon fiber wheels and take a chance on trashing them?" I have a set of hed alps and a rear disc and never ride any of them except on race day. but that's just me.

Yup - build up an ultegra/open pro wheel or something for $180. Don't bother risking it. Besides, if you can stay up with the pack and you're riding heavy ****, you're just getting better faster.