Heeeeee's Baaaaackk.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    Wordin returns with new Division 3 team: Monex Controversial former Mercury team manager John Wordin
    is back at the helm of a pro squad with the new Monex professional cycling team. Heading up the
    roster will be former Mercury pro Scott Moninger. Along with ex-Schroeder Iron rider Ken Toman,
    Moninger will lead a group of neo-pros and returning ex-pros for a mix of youth and experience.

    Title sponsor Monex is a precious metals investment service. The team will make its debut in
    Southern California races and appear at UCI, NRC and regional events in 2003.

    Team roster

    Scott Moninger (USA, ex Mercury) Ken Toman (USA, Schroeder) Gregg Medinilla (USA, Elite 1) Patrick
    Fetzer (USA, Elite 2) Ron Hudson (USA, Elite 1) Shawn Van Gassen (USA, Elite 1) Patrick Boss (USA,
    Elite 1) Drew Deters (USA, Jittery Joe's) Michael Herdman (USA, NCCA (CPSLO)) Michael Prentice
    (USA, Elite 2)

    Sponsors

    Colnago bicycles Reynolds wheels Limar helmets Northwave shoes Briko sunglasses Nalini clothing

    Tags:

  2. How long 'til the roster includes Thurlow?

  3. "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Team roster
    >
    > Scott Moninger (USA, ex Mercury) Ken Toman (USA, Schroeder) Gregg Medinilla (USA, Elite 1) Patrick
    > Fetzer (USA, Elite 2) Ron Hudson (USA, Elite 1) Shawn Van Gassen (USA, Elite 1) Patrick Boss (USA,
    > Elite 1) Drew Deters (USA, Jittery Joe's) Michael Herdman (USA, NCCA (CPSLO)) Michael Prentice
    > (USA, Elite 2)

    Poor Moninger.

    He's got a few Cat 2's, a collegiate rider, and some others who are notoriously difficult to ride
    with (whom all the other 15 Div 3 teams rejected). Dude deserves better.

    OTOH, it's poetic justice for the Horseteefus.

  4. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "William Belaforous Kelly" [email protected]

    >Poor Moninger.
    >
    >He's got a few Cat 2's, a collegiate rider, and some others who are notoriously difficult to ride
    >with (whom all the other 15 Div 3 teams rejected). Dude deserves better.
    >

    >OTOH, it's poetic justice for the Horseteefus.

    That was pretty much my reaction too. Scott definitely deserves something better than this. I'd bet
    there salary if any is in IOUs too. I wonder is we could work aout a trade: Scott for Elefantina.
    And he might win something here on our NRC. Maybe. Wordern deserves that. Bill C

  5. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >That was pretty much my reaction too. Scott definitely deserves something better than this. I'd bet
    >there salary if any is in IOUs too. I wonder is we could work aout a trade: Scott for Elefantina.
    >And he might win something here on our NRC. Maybe. Wordern deserves that. Bill C

    My god, I typed that and I'm sober?? Gotta wake up one of my kids to help with the typing and
    spelling. Bill C.

  6. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Does anyone have any idea who the fuck these guys are?

    > Wordin returns with new Division 3 team: Monex Controversial former Mercury team manager John
    > Wordin is back at the helm
    of a
    > pro squad with the new Monex professional cycling team. Heading up the
    roster
    > will be former Mercury pro Scott Moninger. Along with ex-Schroeder Iron
    rider
    > Ken Toman, Moninger will lead a group of neo-pros and returning ex-pros
    for a
    > mix of youth and experience.
    >
    > Title sponsor Monex is a precious metals investment service. The team will
    make
    > its debut in Southern California races and appear at UCI, NRC and regional events in 2003.
    >
    > Team roster
    >
    > Scott Moninger (USA, ex Mercury) Ken Toman (USA, Schroeder) Gregg Medinilla (USA, Elite 1) Patrick
    > Fetzer (USA, Elite 2) Ron Hudson (USA, Elite 1) Shawn Van Gassen (USA, Elite 1) Patrick Boss (USA,
    > Elite 1) Drew Deters (USA, Jittery Joe's) Michael Herdman (USA, NCCA (CPSLO)) Michael Prentice
    > (USA, Elite 2)
    >
    > Sponsors
    >
    > Colnago bicycles Reynolds wheels Limar helmets Northwave shoes Briko sunglasses Nalini clothing

  7. yes

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any idea who the fuck these guys are?
    >

    > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Wordin returns with new Division 3 team: Monex Controversial former Mercury team manager John
    > > Wordin is back at the
    helm
    > of a
    > > pro squad with the new Monex professional cycling team. Heading up the
    > roster
    > > will be former Mercury pro Scott Moninger. Along with ex-Schroeder Iron
    > rider
    > > Ken Toman, Moninger will lead a group of neo-pros and returning ex-pros
    > for a
    > > mix of youth and experience.
    > >
    > > Title sponsor Monex is a precious metals investment service. The team
    will
    > make
    > > its debut in Southern California races and appear at UCI, NRC and
    regional
    > > events in 2003.
    > >
    > > Team roster
    > >
    > > Scott Moninger (USA, ex Mercury) Ken Toman (USA, Schroeder) Gregg Medinilla (USA, Elite 1)
    > > Patrick Fetzer (USA, Elite 2) Ron Hudson (USA, Elite 1) Shawn Van Gassen (USA, Elite 1) Patrick
    > > Boss (USA, Elite 1) Drew Deters (USA, Jittery Joe's) Michael Herdman (USA, NCCA (CPSLO)) Michael
    > > Prentice (USA, Elite 2)
    > >
    > > Sponsors
    > >
    > > Colnago bicycles Reynolds wheels Limar helmets Northwave shoes Briko sunglasses Nalini clothing

  8. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Does anyone have any idea who the fuck these guys are?

    I don't either, but one thing Wordin does do is take on new talent, and give chances to riders
    everyone else says is washed up.

    -Amit

    > > Team roster
    > >
    > > Scott Moninger (USA, ex Mercury) Ken Toman (USA, Schroeder) Gregg Medinilla (USA, Elite 1)
    > > Patrick Fetzer (USA, Elite 2) Ron Hudson (USA, Elite 1) Shawn Van Gassen (USA, Elite 1) Patrick
    > > Boss (USA, Elite 1) Drew Deters (USA, Jittery Joe's) Michael Herdman (USA, NCCA (CPSLO)) Michael
    > > Prentice (USA, Elite 2)

  9. These guys are local talent from local clubs..

    They ride Carbonissimo Colnago bikes.

    Ron Hudson is a good climber, he weights 100 pounds, and came ahead of Jonathan Vaughters in San
    Diego Boulevard race.

    The rest are good riders as well..