Hein sticks fingers in ears; sings "la la I can't hear you la la"

Robert Chung

Guest
From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/sep04/sep28news

"As for the ProTour," said the UCI in a statement, "and in particular the
evolution of the situation after the change of position by the organizers
of the three Grands Tours, the Management Committee has unanimously
confirmed that the UCI ProTour perfectly reflects the future orientation
of professional cycling, and that any defections will absolutely not
challenge its introduction on the 1st of January 2005."

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/sep04/sep28news
>
> "As for the ProTour," said the UCI in a statement, "and in particular the
> evolution of the situation after the change of position by the organizers
> of the three Grands Tours, the Management Committee has unanimously
> confirmed that the UCI ProTour perfectly reflects the future orientation
> of professional cycling, and that any defections will absolutely not
> challenge its introduction on the 1st of January 2005."

LOL, I like that. It is hilarious that he ends up with little more than a
revised World Cup, but now he is charging the teams special license fees for
a shot at the prizes. I am trying to think of what other changes he can pull
off to make sure this is seen as a step forward. Maybe a new leader's jersey
is called for here. Not that I mind the vertical rainbow but Heiny needs to
cover his butt and come up with something more than this if he wants to get
away with charging the teams. If I know Verbruggen he will cut some back
room deals to keep the hemorrhaging to a minimum. "The show must go on".