Heinz 57 Steak Sauce

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Dan Warren, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. Dan Warren

    Dan Warren Guest

    Allan Matthews <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Try a Wegman's . They stock a lot of stuff.

    I did. They didn't. Apparently there was a recall.

    Where in the Southern Tier are you. I went to Harpur College in the late
    60's, early 70's.

  2. On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:04:04 GMT, Dan Warren
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Allan Matthews <[email protected]> wrote in
    >news:[email protected]:
    >

    >> Try a Wegman's . They stock a lot of stuff.

    >I did. They didn't. Apparently there was a recall.
    >
    >Where in the Southern Tier are you. I went to Harpur College in the late
    >60's, early 70's.

    Near Waverly, NY Send e-mail address.
    Allan

  3. Dan Warren

    Dan Warren Guest

  4. Dan Warren

    Dan Warren Guest

    Dan Warren <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    As a follow up. I had email Heinz and got this response

    April 18, 2006

    Dear Daniel,

    We appreciate your inquiry and your love of Heinz 57 Sauce.

    We have experienced a short-term supply interruption for this product.
    We are now producing Heinz 57 Sauce and you can expect to see Heinz 57
    Sauce on shelf again by the end of April.

    We apologize for any convenience this has caused and hope you will
    continue to be one of our loyal consumers. To that end, we'd like to send
    you a coupon for a free bottle of 57 Sauce, which you can use once the
    product returns to shelf. The coupon will be sent to you through the
    postal mail, and should arrive within the next 10 days.

    Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your interest.

    Heinz Consumer Resource Center
    [email protected]

    When contacting us, please refer to the following reference number:

    HEINZ/JNEEL

  5. Dan forwarded:

    > As a follow up. I had email Heinz and got this response
    >
    > April 18, 2006
    >
    > Dear Daniel,
    >
    > We appreciate your inquiry and your love of Heinz 57 Sauce.
    >
    > We have experienced a short-term supply interruption for this product.
    > We are now producing Heinz 57 Sauce and you can expect to see Heinz 57
    > Sauce on shelf again by the end of April.
    >
    > We apologize for any convenience this has caused and hope you will
    > continue to be one of our loyal consumers. To that end, we'd like to send
    > you a coupon for a free bottle of 57 Sauce, which you can use once the
    > product returns to shelf. The coupon will be sent to you through the
    > postal mail, and should arrive within the next 10 days.
    >
    > Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your interest.
    >
    > Heinz Consumer Resource Center
    > [email protected]
    >
    > When contacting us, please refer to the following reference number:
    >
    > HEINZ/JNEEL

    "We apologize for any CONVENIENCE"?

    Bob

  6. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:43:58 GMT, Dan Warren wrote:

    > Dan Warren <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    > As a follow up. I had email Heinz and got this response
    >
    > April 18, 2006
    >
    > Dear Daniel,
    >
    > We appreciate your inquiry and your love of Heinz 57 Sauce.
    >......To that end, we'd like to send
    > you a coupon for a free bottle of 57 Sauce, which you can use once the
    > product returns to shelf. The coupon will be sent to you through the
    > postal mail, and should arrive within the next 10 days.

    Everybody is now emailing Heinz to get their free 10oz bottle of
    H57, a $3 value.

    A1 and H547 are inflated in price because they *give* so much of
    it away to restaurants. The end-user ends up paying for it
    eventually.

    -sw

  7. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:

    > Everybody is now emailing Heinz to get their free 10oz bottle of
    > H57, a $3 value.
    >
    > A1 and H547 are inflated in price because they *give* so much of
    > it away to restaurants. The end-user ends up paying for it
    > eventually.

    They give it away in restaurants???? Like the farmers give you the steaks
    for free and then gouge you at the grocery store?? You will probably find
    that the restaurants buy from wholesalers. Most condiments are bough in bulk
    and then poured into the smaller bottles, and they pay a fraction of what
    you pay for that small bottle in the grocery store.

  8. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:24:48 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

    > Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    >> A1 and H547 are inflated in price because they *give* so much of
    >> it away to restaurants. The end-user ends up paying for it
    >> eventually.

    > They give it away in restaurants????

    Read it again, Sam.

    >Like the farmers give you the steaks
    > for free and then gouge you at the grocery store?? You will probably find
    > that the restaurants buy from wholesalers. Most condiments are bough in bulk
    > and then poured into the smaller bottles, and they pay a fraction of what
    > you pay for that small bottle in the grocery store.

    I've worked at two restaurants, and both restaurants got their A1
    and H57 free. It's called......[drum roll]......marketing!

    And no, it doesn't come in bulk. They came in the same bottles
    you see sitting on the table or waitron stations. The Heinz
    ketchup was a different story. That came in 2-gallon mylar bags.

    -sw