Heinz ketchup news

stan

Guest
Diabetics and those who prefer a low carb diet might be
interested to know that Heinz is now selling a new variety
of ketchup called One Carb. Regular Heinz ketchup contains 4
grams of carbs, but One Carb has only one gram of carbs per
serving as a result of reduced sugar in the recipe.

I bought a bottle at Acme tonight and I tried it with a
cheap chuck steak for dinner. Not bad. The flavor of this
new One Carb is slightly more **** than regular Heinz
ketchup, but it is still quite flavorful.

Those of you who avoid Heinz ketchup due to the high
carb content might want to try a bottle of the new One
Carb variety.

> Diabetics and those who prefer a low carb diet might be
> interested to know that Heinz is now selling a new variety
> of ketchup called One Carb. Regular Heinz ketchup contains
> 4 grams of carbs, but One Carb has only one gram of carbs
> per serving as a result of reduced sugar in the recipe.
>
> I bought a bottle at Acme tonight and I tried it with a
> cheap chuck steak for dinner. Not bad. The flavor of this
> new One Carb is slightly more **** than regular Heinz
> ketchup, but it is still quite flavorful.
>
> Those of you who avoid Heinz ketchup due to the high carb
> content might want to try a bottle of the new One Carb
> variety.

What a crock of horseshit. Now we have to have
57893784392479823742930 kinds of ketchup at the grocery
store. No wonder it takes hours to get the shopping
done nowadays.

"projectile vomit chick" wrote
> What a crock of horseshit. Now we have to have
> 57893784392479823742930 kinds of ketchup at the grocery
> store. No wonder it takes hours to get
the
> shopping done nowadays.

Oh WHO cares about how many kinds of ketchup there are?!?
Don't you have anything better to think about, like what
color it is?

<and is the bottle upside down?

[email protected] wrote:
> Those of you who avoid Heinz ketchup due to the high carb
> content might want to try a bottle of the new One Carb
> variety.

While I do not think the carb content of Heinz is excessive,
I think I will try this anyway. I do not like sweet foods,
and although Heinz is not exactly sweet, I think I might
like the change.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/
[email protected]

"Pennyaline" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:D[email protected]...
> "projectile vomit chick" wrote
> > What a crock of horseshit. Now we have to have
> > 57893784392479823742930 kinds of ketchup at the grocery
> > store. No wonder it takes hours to get
> the
> > shopping done nowadays.
>
> Oh WHO cares about how many kinds of ketchup there are?!?
> Don't you have anything better to think about, like what
> color it is?
>
> <and is the bottle upside down?>

LOL!

I can't give up on catsup..... even on Atkins.

I "cut" my catsup 50-50 with tomatoe sauce, then added
several shots of hot-sauce to brighten.

Cuts the carb count, and ( personally ) improves the flavor.

On 16 Mar 2004 01:27:20 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>Diabetics and those who prefer a low carb diet might be
>interested to know that Heinz is now selling a new variety
>of ketchup called One Carb. Regular Heinz ketchup contains
>4 grams of carbs, but One Carb has only one gram of carbs
>per serving as a result of reduced sugar in the recipe.
>
>I bought a bottle at Acme tonight and I tried it with a
>cheap chuck steak for dinner. Not bad. The flavor of this
>new One Carb is slightly more **** than regular Heinz
>ketchup, but it is still quite flavorful.
>
>Those of you who avoid Heinz ketchup due to the high
>carb content might want to try a bottle of the new One
>Carb variety.

<rj

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

> Diabetics and those who prefer a low carb diet might be
> interested to know that Heinz is now selling a new variety
> of ketchup called One Carb. Regular Heinz ketchup contains
> 4 grams of carbs, but One Carb has only one gram of carbs
> per serving as a result of reduced sugar in the recipe.

Is that the total number of carbs in the nutrition facts?
Products are now toting "net carbs," subtracting fiber and
other less-easily metabolized carbohydrates, so they can
claim product X has 3 grams when, by the traditional measure
(still used in total carbs in the Nutritional Information
label) indicates it has 6.

please mail OT responses only

On 16 Mar 2004 01:27:20 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>Those of you who avoid Heinz ketchup due to the high
>carb content might want to try a bottle of the new One
>Carb variety.

Perfect for french fries! Err, well. Come to think of it,
what do you use ketchup on that doesn't already have a fair
amount of carbs? Hot Dogs, Hamburgers (I guess you could
make them breadless - but then they don't require ketchup as
much) French Fries, etc...

-sw

-sw

Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

> Is that the total number of carbs in the nutrition facts?
> Products are now toting "net carbs," subtracting fiber and
> other less-easily metabolized carbohydrates, so they can
> claim product X has 3 grams when, by the traditional
> measure (still used in total carbs in the Nutritional
> Information label) indicates it has 6.

That's a good question.

"projectile vomit chick" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:6Et5c.23374$%[email protected]...

news:[email protected]...

****
> > than regular Heinz ketchup, but it is still quite
> > flavorful.
> >
> > Those of you who avoid Heinz ketchup due to the high
> > carb content might want to try a bottle of the new One
> > Carb variety.
> >

> What a crock of horseshit. Now we have to have
> 57893784392479823742930 kinds of ketchup at the grocery
> store. No wonder it takes hours to get
the
> shopping done nowadays.

LOL, stay outta the condiment aisle and you'll breeze
right through.

Jack HeinzFrenchsCains

>" RJ " <baranick> writes:
>
>I can't give up on catsup..... even on Atkins.
>
>I "cut" my catsup 50-50 with tomatoe sauce, then added
>several shots of hot-sauce to brighten.
>
>Cuts the carb count, and ( personally ) improves the
>flavor.

What causes you to believe that tomato sauce (and it's
tomato, not "tomatoe") contains significantly fewer carb
calories than ketchup? Unless you're consuming ketchup by
the Kilostan there aren't enough carb calories to matter...
and if you're really concerned perhaps you should switch to
Salsa. I switched from ketchup to salsa about 2 years ago,
not to eliminate carbs, but because salsa tastes better, has
better texture too. Now I much prefer salsa on anything that
would othewise be served with ketchup, especilly better on
burgers and with fries. During summer I prepare my own salsa
from ingredients fresh from my garden... by holding the salt
down and not adding any sugar it's as healthful as eating a
salad... once you become salsafied you'll never go back to
that heinz tomato syrup.

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

x-no-archive: yes

Steve Wertz wrote:

>Perfect for french fries! Err, well. Come to think of it,
>what do you use ketchup on that doesn't already have a fair
>amount of carbs? Hot Dogs, Hamburgers (I guess you could
>make them breadless - but then they don't require ketchup
>as much) French Fries, etc...
>
>-sw

People who do Atkins very often eat all those sandwich-type
things-- burgers, lunch meats, whatever-- without the
bread. Naomi D.

[email protected] (<RJ>) Wrote: I can't give up on
catsup..... even on Atkins. I "cut" my catsup 50-50 with
tomatoe sauce, then added several shots of hot-sauce to
brighten. Cuts the carb count, and ( personally ) improves
the flavor. On 16 Mar 2004 01:27:20 GMT, [email protected]
wrote: Diabetics and those who prefer a low carb diet might
be interested to know that Heinz is now selling a new
variety of ketchup called One Carb. Regular Heinz ketchup
contains 4 grams of carbs, but One Carb has only one gram of
carbs per serving as a result of reduced sugar in the
recipe. I bought a bottle at Acme tonight and I tried it
with a cheap chuck steak for dinner. Not bad. The flavor of
this new One Carb is slightly more **** than regular Heinz
ketchup, but it is still quite flavorful. Those of you who
avoid Heinz ketchup due to the high carb content might want
to try a bottle of the new One Carb variety. <rj>
---
RJ if you are interested in a diabetic sugar free ketchup
using Splenda and also thick like Heinz's e-mail me.

On 16 Mar 2004 19:49:04 GMT, [email protected] (Naomi Darvell)
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Steve Wertz wrote:
>

>>Perfect for french fries! Err, well. Come to think of it,
>>what do you use ketchup on that doesn't already have a
>>fair amount of carbs? Hot Dogs, Hamburgers (I guess you
>>could make them breadless - but then they don't require
>>ketchup as much) French Fries, etc...
>>
>People who do Atkins very often eat all those sandwich-type
>things-- burgers, lunch meats, whatever-- without the
>bread. Naomi D.

I know, I do it. But like I said, I don't think the ketchup
is as necessary without the bread.

-sw

On 16 Mar 2004 20:26:46 GMT, [email protected] (Naomi Darvell)
wrote:

>Yeah, but lots of people do seem to put ketchup on
>breadless things. Steaks; scrambled eggs, even.

Morons, all of them.

:)

-sw

Steve Wertz wrote:
>> Yeah, but lots of people do seem to put ketchup on
>> breadless things. Steaks; scrambled eggs, even.
>
> Morons, all of them.

My wife puts ketchup on steak. That is vile. I use A1, and
she thinks that is vile. Obviously, she is wrong :)

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/
[email protected]

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:36:21 -0600, Steve Wertz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 16 Mar 2004 20:26:46 GMT, [email protected] (Naomi
>Darvell) wrote:
>
>>Yeah, but lots of people do seem to put ketchup on
>>breadless things. Steaks; scrambled eggs, even.
>
>Morons, all of them.
>
>:)
>
>-sw

Yer talkin' about Stan here, buddy. Check the OP:

"I bought a bottle at Acme tonight and I tried it with a
cheap chuck steak for dinner. Not bad. The flavor of this
new One Carb is slightly more **** than regular Heinz
ketchup, but it is still quite flavorful."

It was a cheap steak, but...

modom

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:00:17 -0600, modom <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Yer talkin' about Stan here, buddy.

Yeah - I saw that but refrained from commenting on it until
two people mentioned it.

Isn't Stan a *major* Heniz shareholder as well??!? ;-)

-sw

John Gaughan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Steve Wertz wrote:
> >> Yeah, but lots of people do seem to put ketchup on
> >> breadless things. Steaks; scrambled eggs, even.
> >
> > Morons, all of them.
>
> My wife puts ketchup on steak. That is vile. I use A1, and
> she thinks that is vile. Obviously, she is wrong :)

Currently I am studying in Australia, upon my arrival I
discovered that Australia and Canada are very similar,
except when it comes to Ketchup!!!! They refer to Ketchup at
'Tomato Sauce' and it does not taste the same. I had to go
hunting to find Heinz in Australia, I did, but it really
does not taste the same as home. Just thought I would put
this out here!

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:54:54 -0600, Steve Wertz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:00:17 -0600, modom
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Yer talkin' about Stan here, buddy.
>
>Yeah - I saw that but refrained from commenting on it until
>two people mentioned it.
>
>Isn't Stan a *major* Heniz shareholder as well??!? ;-)

Doubtless, but the rumors about an affair with Teresa Heinz
Kerry should be taken with a grain of salt.

modom