Helium <> Ksyrium body compatible?

I need to know if the bodies of the Mavic Helium and the Ksyrium are
compatible. I am looking for a Campy up to 9 speeds body fpr a Helium
wheel. Will appreciate any info. Thanks

post-<< I need to know if the bodies of the Mavic Helium and the Ksyrium are
compatible. I am looking for a Campy up to 9 speeds body fpr a Helium
wheel. Will appreciate any info. >><BR><BR>

No they are not. Mavic freehub bodies that are Campagnolo 9/10s compatible and
Helium were not made. You can use a shimano 9s cogset and chain with ERGO 9s or
10s with great results tho.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

In article <[email protected]>, Qui si parla
Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:

> post-<< I need to know if the bodies of the Mavic Helium and the Ksyrium are
> compatible. I am looking for a Campy up to 9 speeds body fpr a Helium
> wheel. Will appreciate any info. >><BR><BR>
>
> No they are not. Mavic freehub bodies that are Campagnolo 9/10s compatible and
> Helium were not made. You can use a shimano 9s cogset and chain with ERGO 9s
> or
> 10s with great results tho.

On a related topic: Would you know what, if any, current rims have an
ERD identical with that of the rims used for the Helium wheels? If it
pertains to the question--different incarnations, different rims?--I'm
uncertain as to what version of Helium I have: There's a 'serie 6000'
designation on the label, the rims are anodized red (Ugh!) and drilled
for 28 spokes.

luke

Luca-<< On a related topic: Would you know what, if any, current rims have an
ERD identical with that of the rims used for the Helium wheels? >><BR><BR>

Heliums always used OpenPro rims, drilled at 28h rear and 26 hole front. The
front and 26 is not really possible to find anymore, new.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Peter:

Helium rims, both fronts and rears were still available from Mavic USA,
in Mass., as recently as six months ago. Are they no longer available?

Also, IIRC, they had some bilious blue 700C OPs drilled 26 (mebbe), 28,
and 32 hanging around some time ago.

It never hurts to give them a ring...

In article <[email protected]>, Qui si parla
Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:

> Luca-<< On a related topic: Would you know what, if any, current rims have an
> ERD identical with that of the rims used for the Helium wheels? >><BR><BR>
>
> Heliums always used OpenPro rims, drilled at 28h rear and 26 hole front. The
> front and 26 is not really possible to find anymore, new.

Thanks, the front's doing fine; it's the rear I'd like to replace--side
wall smash.

luke