Hellllp! Which one?

Gerry

Guest
Claud Butler Cape Wrath? or Ridgeback M3/M4?

I am new to cycling - by that I mean I haven't for over 30 years!!.

What do you kind folk think? Used off road and on, off road - bridlepaths, river beds etc - NOT mad
downhill escapades. But will be used for FUN : )

In message <[email protected]>, gerry
<[email protected]> writes
>Claud Butler Cape Wrath? or Ridgeback M3/M4?

Personally I would never recommend a bike named after a motorway (or two). Are you sure that you've
got the name right?
--
Michael MacClancy

Michael MacClancy wrote:
> In message <[email protected]>, gerry
> <[email protected]> writes
>> Claud Butler Cape Wrath? or Ridgeback M3/M4?
>
> Personally I would never recommend a bike named after a motorway (or two). Are you sure that
> you've got the name right?

I think it's an M45 looking at the catalogue.

"gerry" <[email protected]> wrote

> Used off road and on, off road - bridlepaths, river beds etc - NOT mad downhill escapades. But
> will be used for FUN : )

River beds??

In message <[email protected]>, Andy <[email protected]> writes
>"gerry" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> Used off road and on, off road - bridlepaths, river beds etc - NOT mad downhill escapades. But
>> will be used for FUN : )
>
>River beds??

I was struck by this too. Perhaps the OP is an American?
--
Michael MacClancy

In news:[email protected], Andy <[email protected]> typed:
> "gerry" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> Used off road and on, off road - bridlepaths, river beds etc - NOT mad downhill escapades. But
>> will be used for FUN : )
>
> River beds??

I've ridden river beds both crossways and lengthways (and not just dry ones)

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In message <[email protected]>, Andy <[email protected]> writes
> >"gerry" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> >> Used off road and on, off road - bridlepaths, river beds etc - NOT mad downhill escapades. But
> >> will be used for FUN : )
> >
> >River beds??
> >

> I was struck by this too. Perhaps the OP is an American?

I presume he means dried up river beds. Either that or he's not too confident on his handling skills
for the bridlepaths. :)

--
Dave...

Tony Raven wrote:

> I've ridden river beds both crossways and lengthways (and not just dry ones)

Despite not being much of a Mountain Biker (quantity or quality), so have I. And though I've
recently been spending a bit of bandwidth moaning about inappropriate suspension on lots of
bikes, this is one place where I'd definitely prefer to have at least front sus and with a good
amount of travel.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

In news:[email protected], Dave Kahn <[email protected]> typed:
> Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> In message <[email protected]>, Andy <[email protected]> writes
>>> "gerry" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> River beds??
>>>

>> I was struck by this too. Perhaps the OP is an American?
>
> I presume he means dried up river beds. Either that or he's not too confident on his handling
> skills for the bridlepaths. :)

I've never seen a dried up river bed where I've ridden, but then again, I've never ridden (off-road)
in the South- East.

W K wrote:

> "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In message <[email protected]>, gerry
>> <[email protected]> writes
>>> Claud Butler Cape Wrath? or Ridgeback M3/M4?
>>
>> Personally I would never recommend a bike named after a motorway (or two). Are you sure that
>> you've got the name right?
>
> Unless of course it was the M62

Or the M5...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

I'm ignoring everyone below. OK, I made a simple error in typing...it was late...i needed sleep.
Bunch of wussies. Back on your trikes and stick to the sandpit.

The M3 and M4 are models from the new Diamondback range. There are a few out there.

All I wanted to know is what folk thought about them.

Simple question. Obviously not so simple answer.

On 15 May 2003 13:51:37 -0700, [email protected] (gerry) wrote:

>The M3 and M4 are models from the new Diamondback range. There are a few out there.

And wasn't there a Trek Ladbroke Grove Street? Oh, no, maybe not...

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.