Hello All

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Me, Mar 28, 2004.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    pounds so far.

    To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!

    Brian

    Tags:

  2. Claygal_2001

    Claygal_2001 Guest

    I'm new to the group, and just wanted to say I find your
    success inspiring. Can you share where you get your ongoing
    motivation? My biggest problem has always been getting bored
    with the program after 2 months.

    > Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    > I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    > pounds so far.
    >
    > To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    > still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    > Brian

  3. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    wow great losses!

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    > I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    > pounds so far.
    >
    > To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    > still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    > Brian

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Great job. Stick around the group and share your tips.

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    > I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    > pounds so far.
    >
    > To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    > still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    > Brian

  5. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Me wrote:
    > Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    > I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    > pounds so far.
    >
    > To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    > still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    > Brian

    Excellent stats Brian!! You are doing so great!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/193.5/155 RAFL 210.5/193.5/198.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/193.5/191.5

  6. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Hi Brian! Congratulations on your loses to date.

    This is a great group of losers :)

    Julie "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    > I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    > pounds so far.
    >
    > To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    > still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    > Brian

  7. Me

    Me Guest

    Don't worry I get bored myself. I just look for alternate
    dishes and keep things different. I do cheat from time to
    time. Let your self have on or two cheats a month. Don't
    feel bad, just do it. I've gained some wait sometimes, but
    lost more than I've ever put on.

    Like one week, went to Atlantic City, had a banana
    split...yummy, but I gave into and just went on and didn't
    give up the ship.

    Brian "claygal_2001" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm new to the group, and just wanted to say I find
    > your success
    inspiring.
    > Can you share where you get your ongoing motivation? My
    > biggest problem
    has
    > always been getting bored with the program after 2 months.
    >
    > > Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    > > I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    > > pounds so far.
    > >
    > > To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    > > still have
    another
    > > 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    > >
    > > Brian

  8. Welcome to the group Brian. You've found a great bunch of
    losers to accompany you along your way. Linda P
    232/155.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003 On
    Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:32:23 GMT, "Me"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    >I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    >pounds so far.
    >
    >To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    >still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    >Brian

  9. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Congratulations on your fabulous loss so far - you've done
    really well! Here's the official welcome notice to get you
    started in the group. Stick around for a while, we'd love
    to have you!

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of
    support, advice, and encouragement. Once a week on Sundays,
    I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find
    useful. You may want to look for that later in the week, or
    do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ:
    http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life (Living) OP = on
    Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter,
    Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    SIA - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm

    WNM - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/wnm.htm

    Other acronyms:
    http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current
    weight, as you lose weight those points allowed will
    decrease (logic is that your body will need less to
    operate). At 183 pounds and based on the new US flexpoints
    system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition
    to this you are allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout
    the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on a
    particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target
    drops to 22 points ... weight reaches 150, target once
    again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended
    per day, 5 servings of fruit and veggies, minimum of 6
    glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer
    desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily
    number of points. Points do not carry over from day to day.
    You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your
    discretion ... can divide them up and use daily (would be an
    additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are
    earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be used on the
    day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be
    a great thing for you to look into. There is lots of
    information available, as well as the food point database
    and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK,
    Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are different. The
    UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat
    and total kilojoules. Most of Europe calculates based on
    total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above
    can handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is
    unusual in that most of the people who participate are
    respectful, considerate folks who freely share their
    experience with and knowledge of WW, weight loss, and
    maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers
    show up to post advertising, false information, insults, and
    the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are just
    trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this
    newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to try if
    you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has
    to find what works for him/herself. If someone posts
    something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health
    professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome
    notice: http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    > I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    > pounds so far.
    >
    > To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    > still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    > Brian

  10. Fred

    Fred Guest

    What a terrific loss. Welcome

    On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:32:23 GMT, "Me" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Weight Watchers.
    >I've been in the program since June and have lost 90
    >pounds so far.
    >
    >To those of you who just started, don't give up hope. I
    >still have another 50 0r 60 to go, but we can do it!
    >
    >Brian

  11. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Hi Brian and welcome to our little corner of the world.
    Congrats on your remarkable achievement. Losing 90 pounds is
    absolutely fantastic!

    I hope to see you posting frequently here, and passing
    around your hints and tips for success.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 132
    total loss: 96 Lifetime: 4/4/03