Hello and NEW to Cycling!

amcgltdchix

Mar 20, 2006
I just wanted to say Hello and to introduce myself :)

My husband is a cyclist and recently bought me a Giant OCR 1W a few weeks back and I AM IN LOVE! I never thought you could go that fast! :)

I am still learning with the clipless pedals, but so far NO falls :)

Just bummed that its supposed to snow here in VA tomorrow.

In my 'other life' outside of learning how to cycle for fun and fitness. I am a licensed veterinary technician and a professional belly dancer. I'm a fitness nut and my husband thinks I'm a freak getting up at 430 AM everyday to work out :)

Thanks for listening and looking foward to learning more about cycling! :)

Hello to you too. I am new to this forum. Read your post and wondered about the rest of the story since you have had the bike for a little while now. Have you fallen yet? Do you still love it now that the honeymoon might be over?

Hi and welcome! I was pretty nervous when I first got my clipless pedals. Things were going pretty smoothly for a while and then I went down! It's pretty funny because I was pulling on to a side road to stop, took out my right foot when I started stopping, forgot to put it down and tried to get out my left foot. TIMBER!!! I laughed so hard. I got a little road rash and hurt my wrist a little, but it was still pretty funny. My friend said I looked like a dead tree going over. :D

amcgltdchix said:
I just wanted to say Hello and to introduce myself :)

My husband is a cyclist and recently bought me a Giant OCR 1W a few weeks back and I AM IN LOVE! I never thought you could go that fast! :)

I am still learning with the clipless pedals, but so far NO falls :)

Just bummed that its supposed to snow here in VA tomorrow.

In my 'other life' outside of learning how to cycle for fun and fitness. I am a licensed veterinary technician and a professional belly dancer. I'm a fitness nut and my husband thinks I'm a freak getting up at 430 AM everyday to work out :)

Thanks for listening and looking foward to learning more about cycling! :)

Hidden1229 said:
Hi and welcome! I was pretty nervous when I first got my clipless pedals. Things were going pretty smoothly for a while and then I went down! It's pretty funny because I was pulling on to a side road to stop, took out my right foot when I started stopping, forgot to put it down and tried to get out my left foot. TIMBER!!! I laughed so hard. I got a little road rash and hurt my wrist a little, but it was still pretty funny. My friend said I looked like a dead tree going over. :D
Hello Everyone! I'm new to outdoor cycling too. I've been riding at the gym for about 2 years now and with the weather getting nicer, I was ready to head outdoors. Back in February I bought a Trek 7200 FX Hybrid. I use clipless pedals & have fallen plenty of times. My knee still reminds me of the fall. I try to ride 3 times a week but between work & the weather, I'm haven't been all that successful. My longest ride to date was 38 miles. I'm trying to work up to 50 miles. I get too sore even with bike shorts so its going to take some time. Glad to see some other newbies here.

I am also new to cycling. My husband bought me a Giant OCR #?, sad, I can't remember which one,but it was the $1000 one. I also have the clip in pedals. I pull my 40 pound son in a trailer. I guess I should have practiced without it first, because I couldn't get unclipped fast enough while going up a hill on a curb. I bit the asphalt and the brake landed in my knee. :eek: I have been off the bike for a month now. I am going to take him out today to try to ride in the neighborhood and practice unclipping. I love my OCR, I also own a Giant hybrid . It is totally different than the OCR. I can go fast even pulling around 70 pounds additional weight.
My son is in Boy Scouts so we have to complete rides of 10, 15, 25, and 50 miles. I think I will do the 50 without the extra weight!!!