Hello Cycling Forums

saturdaynight

Sep 8, 2004
Hello! I've been an avid cyclist for many years. Got my first road bike in 1992. It was a handme down Huffy TranAmerica that I road for a few years. Then I wanted to get a little more serious and picked up a Miata 312 touring bike. It weights in around 21lbs. I own this bike to this day and it has only let me down once when my rear derailer bound up on me on my way to work one morning. I also own a cheap mountain bike from Next. I was uncertain weather I wanted to get into mountain biking so I didn't want to spend a fortune on my first one. It's been a fun little bike.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and look forward to a wealth of knowledge from this board. I'm planning on doing some upgrades to the old 312. It's a 12 speed bike for those unfamiliar with it. I don't have a lot of money for a new bike and was thinking about upgrading it to an 18 or 21 speed. I'm not asking for answers right now, I just thought I would let you all know what my plans are. I'm on many other message board and understand that the regulars get sick of hearing the same questions day in and day out. :)