Hello everyone! Where i can do road cycling in North Shore city?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by nostos, Nov 5, 2005.

1. nostos

nostos New Member

Gooday guys!d

Its so cool to see a regional forum like this, questions can be much more focused!

I recently started cycling and i am desired to enter some kind of clubs with proper training sessions...

I live in North Shore, AKL i there anywhere i can do road cycling?

Thank you!

Tags:

2. Iron Man

Iron Man New Member

if you go early you can avoid traffic which is a big bonus in sydney. I do alot of cycling around centennial park at randwick/kesington. You can try hombush, around the old olympic site, its really quiet and wide open roads so you can get the speed up without too much interference.

If you like the hills, why not go up the wakehurst parkway or along the northern beaches to terry hills, begin with just getting up Mccars creek road then when your more established turn off mccars and head to Akuna bay, very steep, very nice ride, then get back on the highway and head down forrest way and back on the parkway and home for coffee. (find someone who knows the route, or look in the street directory, we go to Akuna every sunday from Le Spit cyclery at 7am if you want to tag along)

as for finding out about races and such, get on to NSW cycling site or go to your local bike shop they are usually affiliated with clubs of some kind, or at least have staff who are in a club who can fill you in

happy trails

3. bookster

bookster New Member

I might be wrong, but I think he's talking about the north shore of Auckland, NZ...

4. nostos

nostos New Member

sorry didnt state clearly!

you are right, i was indicating north shore in Akl

5. Iron Man

Iron Man New Member

sorry i thought AKl was a typo!!

so if your in sydney you know where to ride, why not just migrate we all know NZ is Australia's little brother. besides that the only problem with NZ is is full of kiwi's!!

6. nostos

nostos New Member

only PROBLEM??

haha, i just imiragted to nz recently, i do not prefer to move again.

7. Zub_Zub

Zub_Zub New Member

I know theres a cycling club in the north shore somewhere. Try looking on www.cyclingnz.co.nz Its got a list of all the clubs