Hello From Tasmania Australia

RonPrice

Jul 22, 2008
I have been watching people ride bikes from as far back as 1949--some 60 years--to the present, that is, to 2009. Here is some of my background which will give readers here some idea of just where I have been watching this bike-riding. I only rode bikes for about ten years myself: 1952 to 1962, circa. One town where I saw no bike-riding was in Iqaluit on Baffin Island in 1967/8 where I worked as a teacher.-Ron Price, Tasmania:cool:

RonPrice said:
I have been watching people ride bikes from as far back as 1949--some 60 years--to the present, that is, to 2009. Here is some of my background which will give readers here some idea of just where I have been watching this bike-riding. I only rode bikes for about ten years myself: 1952 to 1962, circa. One town where I saw no bike-riding was in Iqaluit on Baffin Island in 1967/8 where I worked as a teacher.-Ron Price, Tasmania:cool:

Hi there

We lived in Tassie for about 18 months. It's a nice place! I never went to george town though, we lived down south in Hobart.

There have eben a few handy bike riders come out of tassie over the years :)

regards

Thanks for the response, Steven. Yes, Tasmania is one of the world's most delightful places. George Town never goes below zero(at least very very rarely) and in the summer the temperature goes over 25 four or five times.-Ron

RonPrice said:
Thanks for the response, Steven. Yes, Tasmania is one of the world's most delightful places. George Town never goes below zero(at least very very rarely) and in the summer the temperature goes over 25 four or five times.-Ron
Sounds like good cycling weather. Never hear much about Tasmania, except what we get from the old Warner Bros cartoons. Which do you suppose is meaner, a Wolverine or a Tasmanian Devil?

Well are they watching Tour de France in Tasmania? I just saw Astana on the podium.
We had our own Tour of California earlier this year, 800 miles all over the state. I went to see them come out of the mountains into the Rose Bowl. It is becoming a much bigger event every year.
dc