Hello from the frozen tundra of New Hampshire

burlybiker

Oct 14, 2009
Hi everyone,

I just joined and wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Spencer

burlybiker said:
Hi everyone,

I just joined and wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Spencer

In the process of getting to know everyone just remember that I don't kiss on the first date.

burlybiker said:
Hi everyone,

Spencer

alienator said:
In the process of getting to know everyone just remember that I don't kiss on the first date.

That's not what I heard......

:eek:

:D

Welcome Spencer!

Howzit Burly biker... how is he weather up there lately? I haven't been to the East Coast yet but looking forward to riding there in the fall sometime. I heard it's quite nice...:cool:

gman0482 said:
Hey how a ya? Northern Mass here, welcome!

Hey gman I grew up in Wakefield and lived all over the north shore. I have cousins that grew up in Peabody. I still love the area not the crowds so much though.

konasunset said:
Howzit Burly biker... how is he weather up there lately? I haven't been to the East Coast yet but looking forward to riding there in the fall sometime. I heard it's quite nice...:cool:

The weather is cold for this time of the year. We're about 10 degrees below normal. It should be in the mid to upper 50's but we've been struggling to get into the mid 40's.

When the weather is nice it's a great place to ride.
Spencer

Back at ya. It was 35F here in the icebox of Connecticut this morning, 31F yesterday. The forecast is for flurries.

Best part is, the fleece helment liner keeps the wind noise out of my ears.

Tackdriver56 said:
Back at ya. It was 35F here in the icebox of Connecticut this morning, 31F yesterday. The forecast is for flurries.

Too cold too early! I guess next week it's going to be back up into the mid and upper 50's. A heatwave!

Yeah, we usually get a week of much warmer temperatures every Autumn, what New Englanders call "Indian Summer". Haven't had it yet this year.

I usually put my bikes away for the winter once we get sand and salt on the road, get out the Nordic Trak, and pray for real snow.

We've already had 3 measurable snow falls so far this month and we had enough to turn the grass white last night, but I don't think that'll count as an actual snow fall.

October is usually one of the best months weather wise for southern Minnesota, but this one has been really nasty so far..

burlybiker said:
Hey gman I grew up in Wakefield and lived all over the north shore. I have cousins that grew up in Peabody. I still love the area not the crowds so much though.

haha, I hear ya on those crowds, I went to PVMHS myself but didn't befriend many from there. (being from Poland didn't help either)

Yea this isn't good, I already have my ride locked into my trainer, and will probably swap out my roof rack piece from bike to snowboard soon.

64Paramount said:
We've already had 3 measurable snow falls so far this month and we had enough to turn the grass white last night, but I don't think that'll count as an actual snow fall.

October is usually one of the best months weather wise for southern Minnesota, but this one has been really nasty so far..
We're getting flurries this morning. Not sticking to the roads yet.
Yuk.:(