Hello, my fellow recumbenteers........

smells like a Clone to me! Note it does NOT say it is a Easy Racer or a TE, merely that it is
(modeled after a GR)....modeled after implies a Clone. Also says the buyer has a (choice of Red or
Black), this implies someone is churning out clones. I had a TE Homebuilt from plans in the early
1980s that looked factory made and the TE was probably the most duplicated bent ever designed. Two
things make me wonder IF this bent really exists at all. a) the cost is too low (even a homebuilt
with a Sock would be more than $550.00 (new). and
b) the E.R. seat is mentioned, but worded to imply E.R. makes the seat described, but this may not
be the seat you are getting. I don't know if E.R. ever had a 21 speed model...even as an
option. The Seller is in the USA...that really narrows it down, most ebay sellers give the name
of their City.

B4 making an offer, I would find out IF this bent (in fact) exists, it sounds more like a scam. Scam
artists have been targeting HPV buyers/selllers..so be careful. The line of "If it sounds too good
to be true...keep your wallet closed".

news:[email protected]...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3603383840&category=7298

> A TE with a 7 speed freewheel?????
>
> Anybody know the seller?
>
> As we say around here "huele a leon"
>
> Jerry

Jerry,

This looks exactly like mine when I bought it used two years ago from the original owner. Mine is a
93 model tour easy with a seven (7) speed free wheel and it had a fairing as well. In fact, it was
made before Gardner started putting serial numbers on them!

Regards,

news:[email protected]...

"Bill & Gerri" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Jerry,
>
> This looks exactly like mine when I bought it used two years ago from the original owner. Mine is
> a 93 model tour easy with a seven (7) speed free wheel and it had a fairing as well. In fact, it
> was made before Gardner started putting serial numbers on them!

At first I thought it was an older Tour Easy. The price was about right too. But how could you sell
a '93 TE and give the buyer a choice of black or red? Too much hype and not enough information on
this one. Plus the seller has no eBay feed back and an unknown address. The picture looks to be
lifted off the ER web site. I wouldn't bite on this one. I emailed the ebay item number to Easy
Racers. I think they should see it.

skip

I emailed the seller and asked 3 questions.....

>1) Who is the manufacturer?
>
>2) What is the wheel base?
>
>3) Does it REALLY have a 7 cog rear cluster?
>--------------------

and he answered..............

>Hammacher,wheel Diam. x 27" ,yes it has.

Hmmm.....doesn't know what "wheel base" means.

Jerry

skip wrote:

> ... The picture looks to be lifted off the ER web site....

The text looks like it might have also have been lifted from an Easy Racers advertisement/brochure
back when the TE came with a 7-speed freewheel and a ISO 630-mm ("27-inch") rear wheel.

"Torben Scheel" skrev...
> I might go for it "Seller pays for shipping. Seller ships internationally (worldwide). "
>
> I guess a bid around $600 would be OK with me.

He copied the ad and picture from a website. Theres nothing from him about what condition the bike
is in or why hes selling or if he ever rode one. I'd be very wary.

Ask him for a pic of the actual bike and see if you just get the same as in the ad.

Would be easier to buy mine anyway (though not cheaper) ;-)

M.

> He copied the ad and picture from a website. Theres nothing from him about what condition the bike
> is in or why hes selling or if he ever rode one. I'd be very wary.

I'm just joking away. But I admit being tricked by the color option - (s)he? obviously isn't
very serious.

> Ask him for a pic of the actual bike and see if you just get the same as
in the ad.

> Would be easier to buy mine anyway (though not cheaper) ;-)

But can your bike do this : "provides a safe, comfortable ride while achieving speeds of up to 40
mph" ? ;-)

Torben

"Torben Scheel" skrev...

> But can your bike do this : "provides a safe, comfortable ride while achieving speeds of up to 40
> mph" ? ;-)

Sure it will. Drive it off a cliff. You will go like greased lightning and be perfectly safe and
comfortable (till you hit the ground)

M.

> > But can your bike do this : "provides a safe, comfortable ride while achieving speeds of up to
> > 40 mph" ? ;-)
>
> Sure it will. Drive it off a cliff. You will go like greased lightning and be perfectly safe and
> comfortable (till you hit the ground)

The art of flying is to miss the ground.

The text is lifted directly off the hammacher website posted earlier. It appears that Hammacher is
reselling EasyRacers. What this ebay ad is really selling I don't know.