Hello my friends !!!!!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Pandora, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "~patches~" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Pandora wrote:
    >>
    >>> "~patches~" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> news:[email protected]

    Pandora is not in Italy???

  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Ophelia" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Pandora is not in Italy???

    Read the first post in this thread and decide.

    nancy

  3. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    Pandora wrote:

    <snip>
    > Do you want to go to Las Vegas? Do you want to make fortune? :))))

    We go to Vegas each year. This would be the first we wouldn't go
    together :( We love Vegas. The food - man you can get just about
    anything! We just really love it - the night life, the food, the fun.
    Heck, I can't think of anything negative about it.
    > Cheers
    > Pandy
    > I'Am so happy to ear you!

  4. MoM

    MoM Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "nancree" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Pandora wrote:
    >>> "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Thank you very much! Where are you in this moment with
    >>> your camper?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Have a green Happy New year
    >>> Pandora

    > Ontario? Canada? Beautiful place!
    > Cheers
    > Pandora

    We are in our home in a park near Fergus. Didn't go away
    this winter cuz too much to do here. I have my new kitchen
    now, just waiting for a lovely bit of stone for my baking
    island. Had some real problems with our new stove and it's
    being replaced, hopefully next week.

    Motorhome is stored at the moment.

    MoM

  5. MoM

    MoM Guest

    "~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Ontario? Canada? Beautiful place!

    > It sure is!!! :) Great food too!

    My husband thinks so..; D LOL

    MoM

  6. MoM

    MoM Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "nancree" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hi, Pandora,
    >>
    >> Do you live in Italy or the USA???
    >> We'd love to have you live here, but we thought, from
    >> your posts, that
    >> you lived in Italy.
    >> I love your posts.
    >> Cheers,
    >> Nancree

    > ....And I love yours!!!!! :))))
    > Thank you
    > Pandy

    Ok, ok. Pandy doesn't want us to know WHERE she lives! :D

    MoM

  7. MG

    MG Guest

    "Bronwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey Pandy, I'm an Aussie (Down Under) not an American, and we're nice
    > too -- you know!!!!
    >
    > Bronnie

    I wonder how many there are (aussies that is) in this newsgroup?

    (I lost my link to that world map thingy we all did, so can't check that
    way )

  8. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Ophelia" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:eek:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "~patches~" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]

    > Pandora is not in Italy???

    Yes I Am , LOL!
    Pan

  9. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "~patches~" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> Do you want to go to Las Vegas? Do you want to make fortune? :))))

    > We go to Vegas each year. This would be the first we wouldn't go together
    > :( We love Vegas. The food - man you can get just about anything! We
    > just really love it - the night life, the food, the fun. Heck, I can't
    > think of anything negative about it.
    >> Cheers
    >> Pandy
    >> I'Am so happy to ear you!

    Why do you call it Vegas and not Las Vegas?
    Pan

  10. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > We are in our home in a park near Fergus. Didn't go away this winter cuz
    > too much to do here. I have my new kitchen now, just waiting for a lovely
    > bit of stone for my baking island. Had some real problems with our new
    > stove and it's being replaced, hopefully next week.
    >
    > Motorhome is stored at the moment.

    I thought you would like to spend six monthes in your motorhome!
    I like the idea of a baking island! Share a photo, please, when you have
    finished.
    Cheers
    Pandora

    > MoM

  11. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Pandora wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Ontario? Canada? Beautiful place!

    >> It sure is!!! :) Great food too!

    > My husband thinks so..; D LOL
    >
    > MoM

    What use to eat Canadians? I imagine only salmon :)
    Cheers
    Pandora

  12. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "nancree" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> Hi, Pandora,
    >>>
    >>> Do you live in Italy or the USA???
    >>> We'd love to have you live here, but we thought, from your posts, that
    >>> you lived in Italy.
    >>> I love your posts.
    >>> Cheers,
    >>> Nancree

    >> ....And I love yours!!!!! :))))
    >> Thank you
    >> Pandy
    >>>

    > Ok, ok. Pandy doesn't want us to know WHERE she lives! :D

    Nothern Italy, near Turin. The name of the country is Germagnano, near Alps.
    Cheers
    Pandora

    > MoM

  13. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:n2%[email protected]

    > "Bronwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hey Pandy, I'm an Aussie (Down Under) not an American, and we're nice
    >> too -- you know!!!!
    >>
    >> Bronnie
    >>

    > I wonder how many there are (aussies that is) in this newsgroup?
    >
    > (I lost my link to that world map thingy we all did, so can't check that
    > way )

    I think that map work no more!
    Pandy

  14. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> "nancree" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> ....And I love yours!!!!! :))))
    >>> Thank you
    >>> Pandy
    >>>>

    >> Ok, ok. Pandy doesn't want us to know WHERE she lives! :D

    > Nothern Italy, near Turin. The name of the country is Germagnano, near
    > Alps.

    That is where I thought you lived and I was surprised to see someone
    write that you were not living in Italy:)

  15. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:n2%[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Bronwyn" <[email protected]liamail.com> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> Hey Pandy, I'm an Aussie (Down Under) not an American, and we're
    >>> nice
    >>> too -- you know!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Bronnie
    >>>

    >> I wonder how many there are (aussies that is) in this newsgroup?
    >>
    >> (I lost my link to that world map thingy we all did, so can't check
    >> that way )

    > I think that map work no more!

    Yes I just tried too! Christine? Is that site down?

  16. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Pandora wrote:
    > I have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
    > America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
    > lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
    > It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
    > I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
    > I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
    > I will tell you!
    > Fondly
    > Pandora

    Why did I always think you were *in* Italy? And if you aren't, how is it
    you have such a poor understanding of American English? The people at the
    store down the street who are from Ethiopia, Africa, only in this country
    for 7 months now, express themselves better than you appear to do. I am
    highly suspicious of anyone who blatantly slaughters the English language
    (shut up, you folks over in the U.K.!) with every post. The maids we had in
    Bangkok in 1970 would have done better had the internet been available.

    Doesn't matter; I mostly skip your posts because they aren't something I
    want to read. I don't care to see photos of what you cook. If you want to
    do that, post to alt.binaries.food. I don't look at most of the stuff over
    there, either.

    I'm terribly sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you are a fake. A fake who
    likes to cook, but nonetheless a fake.

    Jill <--speaking with a Scottish brogue because her grandparents did

  17. "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Pandora wrote:
    >> I have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
    >> America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
    >> lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
    >> It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
    >> I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
    >> I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
    >> I will tell you!
    >> Fondly
    >> Pandora

    > Why did I always think you were *in* Italy?

    She is in Italy, she's mentioned the town somewhere else in this thread, I
    think. This post seems to have confused a lot of people, but to me, since I
    hadn't seen any of her posts for a while, it meant that she had spent her
    Christmas holidays only posting in Italian newsgroups, and now she was back
    in RFC - "America". Another post made it clear she associated RFC with
    America.

    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

  18. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Pandora wrote:
    > "Ophelia" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> "~patches~" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >> Pandora is not in Italy???

    > Yes I Am , LOL!
    > Pan

    I don't believe you.

    "have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In America.
    My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so lovely and so kind
    .... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
    It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
    I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
    I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
    I will tell you!
    Fondly
    Pandora"

    No one talks like this. I've met a number of Italians who own restaurants
    (around here it's the Gristanti family) and they don't talk like they are
    members of a crime family. They sure as hell wouldn't TYPE like they are.
    You, my friend, deserve every criticism you get. With your half-assed
    "English" you are an insult to every legitimate Italian-American who came
    here to make a new life.

    OB Food: Chicken Carciofi

    2 chicken breasts, halved and skinned
    1/4 cup olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    splash good white wine
    1/2 c. chicken stock
    1/4 lb. artichoke hearts, halved (frozen will do)
    1 lemon for juice and garnish
    1/2 cup fresh parsley

    Brown the chicken breast halves in olive oil until golden along with the
    garlic. Deglaze the pan with wine and squeeze in lemon juice. Add chicken
    stock and the artichoke hearts and cook over low heat until tender.
    Sprinkle with fresh parsley; plate and serve with slices of lemon, a nice
    angel hair pasta in a cream sauce with steamed vegetables on the side.

    Jill

  19. jmcquown wrote:
    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    >> I have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
    >> America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
    >> lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!! It's a
    >> pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD I'm very
    >> glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here. I'm gonna
    >> do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch! I will tell you! Fondly
    >> Pandora

    > Why did I always think you were *in* Italy? And if you aren't, how
    > is it you have such a poor understanding of American English? The
    > people at the store down the street who are from Ethiopia, Africa,
    > only in this country for 7 months now, express themselves better
    > than you appear to do. I am highly suspicious of anyone who
    > blatantly slaughters the English language (shut up, you folks over
    > in the U.K.!) with every post. The maids we had in Bangkok in 1970
    > would have done better had the internet been available.
    >
    > Doesn't matter; I mostly skip your posts because they aren't
    > something I want to read. I don't care to see photos of what you
    > cook. If you want to do that, post to alt.binaries.food. I don't
    > look at most of the stuff over there, either.
    >
    > I'm terribly sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you are a fake. A
    > fake who likes to cook, but nonetheless a fake.
    >
    > Jill <--speaking with a Scottish brogue because her grandparents
    > did

    Jill, Pandora lives in Italy. She and I have exchanged letters and
    hers are postmarked from there, from a post office near Turin. :eek:)

    As for her command of English, it is much better than my command of
    French, which is a language I studied in school and where I lived for
    a while. Foreign languages are difficult to master. :eek:(

    I hope that you are well and had nice holidays. My sister is in the
    hospital since before Christmas, with a broken leg as the result of a
    fall. Marcel just came home from the hospital, after a week's stay in
    one, where he had angioplasty and a stent inserted. We spent New
    Year's Eve in the Emergency Room. It was not the best Holiday Season
    for us. :eek:(

  20. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Ophelia" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Ok, ok. Pandy doesn't want us to know WHERE she lives! :D

    >> Nothern Italy, near Turin. The name of the country is Germagnano, near
    >> Alps.

    > That is where I thought you lived and I was surprised to see someone write
    > that you were not living in Italy:)

    I was surprised too! But perhaps he forgot! I don't remember where all the
    folks (Rcf'rs) lives! But I know that Ophelia live in Scotland but she was
    born in Yorkshire (I remember this things because of the puddings :))) ) ;
    that Margaret, lives in New York; That sf lives in San francisco and Whayne
    lives near California. I know that Bob Pastorio lives in Virginia, That
    Carol "in this Crash" lives in Minnesota, that Patches lives in Canada ...
    and Sheldon lives in Burundi :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    I don't know where the other folks lives. I Suggest to write it under the
    sign.
    What do you think?
    Cheers and greetings
    Pandora