Hello my friends !!!!!

"Ophelia" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "MG" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:n2%[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Bronwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I wonder how many there are (aussies that is) in this newsgroup?
>>>
>>> (I lost my link to that world map thingy we all did, so can't check that
>>> way )

>> I think that map work no more!

> Yes I just tried too! Christine? Is that site down?

It's a long time it doesn't work :(
Pandy

In article <[email protected]>,
"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:
(snip)

> > We go to Vegas each year. This would be the first we wouldn't go together
> > :( We love Vegas. The food - man you can get just about anything! We

> Why do you call it Vegas and not Las Vegas?
> Pan

It's just a commonly used "abbreviation."
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Pandora wrote:
>> I have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
>> America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
>> lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
>> It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
>> I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
>> I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
>> I will tell you!
>> Fondly
>> Pandora

> Why did I always think you were *in* Italy? And if you aren't, how is it
> you have such a poor understanding of American English? The people at the
> store down the street who are from Ethiopia, Africa, only in this country
> for 7 months now, express themselves better than you appear to do. I am
> highly suspicious of anyone who blatantly slaughters the English language
> (shut up, you folks over in the U.K.!) with every post. The maids we had
> in
> Bangkok in 1970 would have done better had the internet been available.
>
> Doesn't matter; I mostly skip your posts because they aren't something I
> want to read. I don't care to see photos of what you cook. If you want
> do that, post to alt.binaries.food. I don't look at most of the stuff
> over
> there, either.
>
> I'm terribly sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you are a fake. A fake who
> likes to cook, but nonetheless a fake.
>
> Jill <--speaking with a Scottish brogue because her grandparents did

Thank you Jill. you are very Kind! What did you do during xmas holidays. Did
they ****** in your coffeee this morning?
Cheers
Your fondly
Pandy

In article <[email protected]>,
"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Pandora wrote:

(snippage)

> >> Pandora is not in Italy???

> > Yes I Am , LOL!
> > Pan

> I don't believe you.
>
> "have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In America.
> My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so lovely and so kind
> ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
> It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
> I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
> I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
> I will tell you!
> Fondly
> Pandora"
>
> No one talks like this. I've met a number of Italians who own restaurants
> (around here it's the Gristanti family) and they don't talk like they are
> members of a crime family. They sure as hell wouldn't TYPE like they are.
> You, my friend, deserve every criticism you get. With your half-assed
> "English" you are an insult to every legitimate Italian-American who came
> here to make a new life.

What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Pandora wrote:
>> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:eek:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Pandora is not in Italy???

>> Yes I Am , LOL!
>> Pan

> I don't believe you.
>
> "have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In America.
> My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so lovely and so kind
> ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
> It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
> I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
> I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
> I will tell you!
> Fondly
> Pandora"
>
> No one talks like this. I've met a number of Italians who own restaurants
> (around here it's the Gristanti family) and they don't talk like they are
> members of a crime family. They sure as hell wouldn't TYPE like they are.
> You, my friend, deserve every criticism you get. With your half-assed
> "English" you are an insult to every legitimate Italian-American who came
> here to make a new life.
>
> OB Food: Chicken Carciofi
>
> 2 chicken breasts, halved and skinned
> 1/4 cup olive oil
> 3 cloves garlic, minced
> splash good white wine
> 1/2 c. chicken stock
> 1/4 lb. artichoke hearts, halved (frozen will do)
> 1 lemon for juice and garnish
> 1/2 cup fresh parsley
>
> Brown the chicken breast halves in olive oil until golden along with the
> garlic. Deglaze the pan with wine and squeeze in lemon juice. Add
> chicken
> stock and the artichoke hearts and cook over low heat until tender.
> Sprinkle with fresh parsley; plate and serve with slices of lemon, a nice
> angel hair pasta in a cream sauce with steamed vegetables on the side.
>
> Jill

I repeat: did they ****** in your coffee today?
have a healthy year Jill!
Cheers
yours
Pandora

"Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> jmcquown wrote:
>> Pandora wrote:
>>
>>> I have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
>>> America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so lovely
>>> and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!! It's a
>>> pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD I'm very
>>> glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here. I'm gonna
>>> do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch! I will tell you! Fondly Pandora

>> Why did I always think you were *in* Italy? And if you aren't, how
>> is it you have such a poor understanding of American English? The
>> people at the store down the street who are from Ethiopia, Africa,
>> only in this country for 7 months now, express themselves better
>> than you appear to do. I am highly suspicious of anyone who
>> blatantly slaughters the English language (shut up, you folks over
>> in the U.K.!) with every post. The maids we had in Bangkok in 1970
>> would have done better had the internet been available.
>>
>> Doesn't matter; I mostly skip your posts because they aren't
>> something I want to read. I don't care to see photos of what you
>> cook. If you want to do that, post to alt.binaries.food. I don't
>> look at most of the stuff over there, either.
>>
>> I'm terribly sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you are a fake. A
>> fake who likes to cook, but nonetheless a fake.
>>
>> Jill <--speaking with a Scottish brogue because her grandparents
>> did
>>

> Jill, Pandora lives in Italy. She and I have exchanged letters and hers
> are postmarked from there, from a post office near Turin. :eek:)
>
> As for her command of English, it is much better than my command of
> French, which is a language I studied in school and where I lived for a
> while. Foreign languages are difficult to master. :eek:(
>
> I hope that you are well and had nice holidays. My sister is in the
> hospital since before Christmas, with a broken leg as the result of a
> fall. Marcel just came home from the hospital, after a week's stay in
> one, where he had angioplasty and a stent inserted. We spent New Year's
> Eve in the Emergency Room. It was not the best Holiday Season for us.
> :eek:(

I don't understand. What have I said?
pandora

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:
> (snip)
>> >
>> > We go to Vegas each year. This would be the first we wouldn't go
>> > together
>> > :( We love Vegas. The food - man you can get just about anything! We

>> Why do you call it Vegas and not Las Vegas?
>> Pan

> It's just a commonly used "abbreviation."

Ah! Ok! i thought it was another country :)
Cheers
Pandora
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

"Pandora" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Ophelia" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Nothern Italy, near Turin. The name of the country is Germagnano, near
>>> Alps.

>> That is where I thought you lived and I was surprised to see someone
>> write that you were not living in Italy:)

> I was surprised too! But perhaps he forgot! I don't remember where all the
> folks (Rcf'rs) lives! But I know that Ophelia live in Scotland but she was
> born in Yorkshire (I remember this things because of the puddings :))) ) ;
> that Margaret, lives in New York; That sf lives in San francisco and
> Whayne lives near California. I know that Bob Pastorio lives in Virginia,
> That Carol "in this Crash" lives in Minnesota, that Patches lives in
> Canada ... and Sheldon lives in Burundi :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
> I don't know where the other folks lives. I Suggest to write it under the
> sign.
> What do you think?
> Cheers and greetings
> Pandora
> in Piedmont (Nothern Italy).

Oh!!!! I have forgotten that Jill lives in Ruanda, near Sheldon... ! But I
Am not racist... I love them...after all... :DDDD
Cheers
Pandora

Pandora wrote:
> "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:[email protected]...
>

>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Why did I always think you were *in* Italy? And if you aren't,
>>> how is it you have such a poor understanding of American
>>> English? The people at the store down the street who are from
>>> Ethiopia, Africa, only in this country for 7 months now,
>>> express themselves better than you appear to do. I am highly
>>> suspicious of anyone who blatantly slaughters the English
>>> language (shut up, you folks over in the U.K.!) with every
>>> post. The maids we had in Bangkok in 1970 would have done
>>> better had the internet been available.
>>>
>>> Doesn't matter; I mostly skip your posts because they aren't
>>> something I want to read. I don't care to see photos of what
>>> you cook. If you want to do that, post to alt.binaries.food.
>>> I don't look at most of the stuff over there, either.
>>>
>>> I'm terribly sorry if I'm wrong, but I think you are a fake. A
>>> fake who likes to cook, but nonetheless a fake.
>>>
>>> Jill <--speaking with a Scottish brogue because her
>>> grandparents did
>>>

>> Jill, Pandora lives in Italy. She and I have exchanged letters
>> and hers are postmarked from there, from a post office near
>> Turin. :eek:)
>>
>> As for her command of English, it is much better than my command
>> of French, which is a language I studied in school and where I
>> lived for a while. Foreign languages are difficult to master.
>> :eek:(
>>
>> I hope that you are well and had nice holidays. My sister is in
>> the hospital since before Christmas, with a broken leg as the
>> result of a fall. Marcel just came home from the hospital, after
>> a week's stay in one, where he had angioplasty and a stent
>> inserted. We spent New Year's Eve in the Emergency Room. It was
>> not the best Holiday Season for us. :eek:(

> I don't understand. What have I said? pandora

Pandora, you said nothing out of the ordinary. I believe that Jill
misunderstood something in a post of a few days ago. Here it is:

I thought you meant that you have "spent" some time reading and
posting in your Italian news group, because you felt you have
neglected them. Once you were done there, you returned to rfc and
resumed your posting here.

Jill may have thought that you were teasing us about being Italian and
living there and that you were making fun of us by making mistakes
when you posted in English.

You must have noticed that this is something that happens at times,
that someone makes a mistake and annoys someone else in doing so. It
happened to me a couple of days ago, when I wrote about some "Jews
being kosher" and someone pointed out that I had used a wrong way to
describe "Jews who keep kosher". Instead of getting upset about it, I
told that person that I am old and that I make mistakes. :eek:)

Jill is a nice person. I am certain that she meant no harm. You are
a nice person and I know that this will be straightened out in no time
at all. There is no sense in getting so upset about it. Besides, I
get very, very upset when two people I like and consider to be my
friends, have a misunderstanding. :eek:(

"Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> Pandora wrote:
>> "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news:[email protected]...

>>> Jill, Pandora lives in Italy. She and I have exchanged letters
>>> and hers are postmarked from there, from a post office near
>>> Turin. :eek:)
>>>
>>> As for her command of English, it is much better than my command
>>> of French, which is a language I studied in school and where I
>>> lived for a while. Foreign languages are difficult to master.
>>> :eek:(
>>>
>>> I hope that you are well and had nice holidays. My sister is in
>>> the hospital since before Christmas, with a broken leg as the
>>> result of a fall. Marcel just came home from the hospital, after
>>> a week's stay in one, where he had angioplasty and a stent
>>> inserted. We spent New Year's Eve in the Emergency Room. It was
>>> not the best Holiday Season for us. :eek:(

>> I don't understand. What have I said? pandora
>>

> Pandora, you said nothing out of the ordinary. I believe that Jill
> misunderstood something in a post of a few days ago. Here it is:

> I thought you meant that you have "spent" some time reading and posting in
> your Italian news group, because you felt you have neglected them. Once
> you were done there, you returned to rfc and resumed your posting here.

Yes! It is like this! But What I have done of bad?

> Jill may have thought that you were teasing us about being Italian and
> living there and that you were making fun of us by making mistakes when
> you posted in English.

Ohhhh! It would be an honour for me! He should know I was Italian!!!
Ohhhh! But if it was like you say, I should apologise with him!
But it is funnY!!!

> You must have noticed that this is something that happens at times, that
> someone makes a mistake and annoys someone else in doing so. It happened
> to me a couple of days ago, when I wrote about some "Jews being kosher"
> and someone pointed out that I had used a wrong way to describe "Jews who
> keep kosher". Instead of getting upset about it, I told that person that
> I am old and that I make mistakes. :eek:)

I don't take care to some small things! We are humans and we are intelligent
enough to understand when a person is joking another. Now I think that
Jill's has exaggerated with his defence, IMHO!

> Jill is a nice person.

If it was a nice person he shouldn't tell me such things.

I am certain that she meant no harm. You are
> a nice person and I know that this will be straightened out in no time at
> all. There is no sense in getting so upset about it. Besides, I get
> very, very upset when two people I like and consider to be my friends,
> have a misunderstanding. :eek:(

I Am here.!
Cheers
pandora

"Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Pandora wrote:
>> "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news:[email protected]...

>>> Jill, Pandora lives in Italy. She and I have exchanged letters
>>> and hers are postmarked from there, from a post office near
>>> Turin. :eek:)
>>>
>>> As for her command of English, it is much better than my command
>>> of French, which is a language I studied in school and where I
>>> lived for a while. Foreign languages are difficult to master.
>>> :eek:(
>>>
>>> I hope that you are well and had nice holidays. My sister is in
>>> the hospital since before Christmas, with a broken leg as the
>>> result of a fall. Marcel just came home from the hospital, after
>>> a week's stay in one, where he had angioplasty and a stent
>>> inserted. We spent New Year's Eve in the Emergency Room. It was
>>> not the best Holiday Season for us. :eek:(

>> I don't understand. What have I said? pandora
>>

> Pandora, you said nothing out of the ordinary. I believe that Jill
> misunderstood something in a post of a few days ago. Here it is:

> I thought you meant that you have "spent" some time reading and
> posting in your Italian news group, because you felt you have
> neglected them. Once you were done there, you returned to rfc and
> resumed your posting here.
>
> Jill may have thought that you were teasing us about being Italian and
> living there and that you were making fun of us by making mistakes
> when you posted in English.
>
> You must have noticed that this is something that happens at times,
> that someone makes a mistake and annoys someone else in doing so. It
> happened to me a couple of days ago, when I wrote about some "Jews
> being kosher" and someone pointed out that I had used a wrong way to
> describe "Jews who keep kosher". Instead of getting upset about it, I
> told that person that I am old and that I make mistakes. :eek:)
>
> Jill is a nice person. I am certain that she meant no harm. You are
> a nice person and I know that this will be straightened out in no time
> at all. There is no sense in getting so upset about it. Besides, I
> get very, very upset when two people I like and consider to be my
> friends, have a misunderstanding. :eek:(

And you Margaret are a very sweet and tolerant person and we all love
you:))

O xx

Margaret Suran wrote:

> Pandora wrote:
>
>> "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news:[email protected]...

>>> Jill, Pandora lives in Italy. She and I have exchanged letters
>>> and hers are postmarked from there, from a post office near
>>> Turin. :eek:)
>>>
>>> As for her command of English, it is much better than my command
>>> of French, which is a language I studied in school and where I
>>> lived for a while. Foreign languages are difficult to master.
>>> :eek:(
>>>
>>> I hope that you are well and had nice holidays. My sister is in
>>> the hospital since before Christmas, with a broken leg as the
>>> result of a fall. Marcel just came home from the hospital, after
>>> a week's stay in one, where he had angioplasty and a stent
>>> inserted. We spent New Year's Eve in the Emergency Room. It was
>>> not the best Holiday Season for us. :eek:(

>> I don't understand. What have I said? pandora
>>

> Pandora, you said nothing out of the ordinary. I believe that Jill
> misunderstood something in a post of a few days ago. Here it is:

> I thought you meant that you have "spent" some time reading and posting
> in your Italian news group, because you felt you have neglected them.
> Once you were done there, you returned to rfc and resumed your posting
> here.
>
> Jill may have thought that you were teasing us about being Italian and
> living there and that you were making fun of us by making mistakes when
> you posted in English.
>
> You must have noticed that this is something that happens at times, that
> someone makes a mistake and annoys someone else in doing so. It
> happened to me a couple of days ago, when I wrote about some "Jews being
> kosher" and someone pointed out that I had used a wrong way to describe
> "Jews who keep kosher". Instead of getting upset about it, I told that
> person that I am old and that I make mistakes. :eek:)

I didn't mean any harm by it, either. I know I can come across as more
forceful than I intend to here. Stuff like that bugs me, but it's
nothing personal :)

> Jill is a nice person. I am certain that she meant no harm. You are a
> nice person and I know that this will be straightened out in no time at
> all. There is no sense in getting so upset about it. Besides, I get
> very, very upset when two people I like and consider to be my friends,
> have a misunderstanding. :eek:(

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Pandora wrote:

> (snippage)

>>> Yes I Am , LOL!
>>> Pan

>> I don't believe you.
>>
>> "have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
>> America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
>> lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
>> It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
>> I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
>> I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
>> I will tell you!
>> Fondly
>> Pandora"
>>
>> No one talks like this. I've met a number of Italians who own
>> restaurants (around here it's the Gristanti family) and they don't
>> talk like they are members of a crime family. They sure as hell
>> wouldn't TYPE like they are. You, my friend, deserve every criticism
>> you get. With your half-assed "English" you are an insult to every
>> legitimate Italian-American who came here to make a new life.

> What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
> family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?

She talks and writes like she is illiterate of the English language. I
don't believe she is. She also let everyone think (see the question from
Ophelia) to which I replied) she was IN Italy when it turns out she's
somewhere in the USA. To me that smacks of deception. The way she "talks"
I'd expect a member of the Gambino family to come over and smack me around
for not believing her. At least she likes to cook, but I'm not buying the
illiterate Italian thing for a single minute.

Jill

"sarah bennett" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>>

>> Pandora wrote:
>>
>>> "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
>>> messaggio news:[email protected]...

>>> I don't understand. What have I said? pandora
>>>

>> Pandora, you said nothing out of the ordinary. I believe that Jill
>> misunderstood something in a post of a few days ago. Here it is:

>> I thought you meant that you have "spent" some time reading and posting
>> in your Italian news group, because you felt you have neglected them.
>> Once you were done there, you returned to rfc and resumed your posting
>> here.
>>
>> Jill may have thought that you were teasing us about being Italian and
>> living there and that you were making fun of us by making mistakes when
>> you posted in English.
>>
>> You must have noticed that this is something that happens at times, that
>> someone makes a mistake and annoys someone else in doing so. It happened
>> to me a couple of days ago, when I wrote about some "Jews being kosher"
>> and someone pointed out that I had used a wrong way to describe "Jews who
>> keep kosher". Instead of getting upset about it, I told that person that
>> I am old and that I make mistakes. :eek:)
>>

> I didn't mean any harm by it, either. I know I can come across as more
> forceful than I intend to here. Stuff like that bugs me, but it's nothing
> personal :)
>
>> Jill is a nice person. I am certain that she meant no harm. You are a
>> nice person and I know that this will be straightened out in no time at
>> all. There is no sense in getting so upset about it. Besides, I get
>> very, very upset when two people I like and consider to be my friends,
>> have a misunderstanding. :eek:(

I have never said ugly things to Jill. Now I don't know why she has begun to
make a war against me.
For me she is dead! STOP
Pandora

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Pandora wrote:

>> (snippage)

>>> I don't believe you.
>>>
>>> "have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
>>> America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
>>> lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
>>> It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
>>> I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
>>> I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
>>> I will tell you!
>>> Fondly
>>> Pandora"
>>>
>>> No one talks like this. I've met a number of Italians who own
>>> restaurants (around here it's the Gristanti family) and they don't
>>> talk like they are members of a crime family. They sure as hell
>>> wouldn't TYPE like they are. You, my friend, deserve every criticism
>>> you get. With your half-assed "English" you are an insult to every
>>> legitimate Italian-American who came here to make a new life.

>> What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
>> family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?

> She talks and writes like she is illiterate of the English language. I
> don't believe she is. She also let everyone think (see the question from
> Ophelia) to which I replied) she was IN Italy when it turns out she's
> somewhere in the USA. To me that smacks of deception. The way she
> "talks"
> I'd expect a member of the Gambino family to come over and smack me around
> for not believing her. At least she likes to cook, but I'm not buying the
> illiterate Italian thing for a single minute.

Ma allora sei proprio scema!!!!!!!! Non hai capito un bel fico secco!!!!!
Cmq. Questo è un complimento se non riesci ancora a capire che sono
Italiana.
Adesso mi aspetto che mi rispondi in Italiano. O non ne sei capace perchè
sei ignorante e hai studiato nel Bronx?
Ciao
Pandora

jmcquown wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Pandora wrote:

>>(snippage)

>>>I don't believe you.
>>>
>>>"have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
>>>America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
>>>lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
>>>It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
>>>I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
>>>I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
>>>I will tell you!
>>>Fondly
>>>Pandora"
>>>
>>>No one talks like this.

<LOL> *NO ONE* talks like this. Spoken with great authority. And
foolishly great error.

>>>I've met a number of Italians who own
>>>restaurants (around here it's the Gristanti family) and they don't
>>>talk like they are members of a crime family.

And everybody knows that all Italians talk alike, right? And they're
allied with crime families, right? And you know from how they talk that
they would write grammatically correct English, right? It's a flaw of
logic to try to postulate from the particular (one example) to the
universal (everybody) and, in this case, it's also a character flaw.

<LOL> As for knowing Italians who own restaurants, I used to be one. And
I even know some.

>>>They sure as hell
>>>wouldn't TYPE like they are. You, my friend, deserve every criticism
>>>you get. With your half-assed "English" you are an insult to every
>>>legitimate Italian-American who came here to make a new life.

And you, Jill, are so far off-the-mark that it's hard to believe you
consider this rational.

>>What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
>>family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?

> She talks and writes like she is illiterate of the English language. I
> don't believe she is. She also let everyone think (see the question from
> Ophelia) to which I replied) she was IN Italy when it turns out she's
> somewhere in the USA. To me that smacks of deception.

Jill, it's absolutely, completely a matter of your not understanding.
Nothing else. She spent the holidays more actively engaged in Italian
NG's (as she states above) and has now rejoined RFC which she rightly
considers American if only by weight of numbers of participants.

And your extreme reaction and insistence on the correctness of your
opinion in the face of clarifying explanations makes you look pretty silly.

> The way she "talks"
> I'd expect a member of the Gambino family to come over and smack me around
> for not believing her. At least she likes to cook, but I'm not buying the
> illiterate Italian thing for a single minute.

Jill, it's a singular astonishment how utterly wrong you are about this
and, further, how much like Sheldon you sound. How poisonous you are
being in the depths of your error.

She lives in northern Italy. I have postmarks and addresses to prove it.
In private correspondence, her English is as it is on group. She's not
illiterate - far from it - she suffers exactly the same things that
anyone speaking in languages not their own does.

As for acquaintanceship with Italians - particularly northern Italians -
my experience far, far trumps yours. My family came from there and my
first language was Italian. I know the typical language formations
likely to emerge in English (in which subject I'm university-degreed)
from that linguistic background. They're what she posts.

It would be good if you bothered to actually read what others have
posted about her and the situation. Look less foolish. Sound less bigoted.

Pastorio

Pandora wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>>(snippage)

>>>What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
>>>family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?

>>She talks and writes like she is illiterate of the English language. I
>>don't believe she is. She also let everyone think (see the question from
>>Ophelia) to which I replied) she was IN Italy when it turns out she's
>>somewhere in the USA. To me that smacks of deception. The way she
>>"talks"
>>I'd expect a member of the Gambino family to come over and smack me around
>>for not believing her. At least she likes to cook, but I'm not buying the
>>illiterate Italian thing for a single minute.

> Ma allora sei proprio scema!!!!!!!! Non hai capito un bel fico secco!!!!!
> Cmq. Questo è un complimento se non riesci ancora a capire che sono
> Italiana.
> Adesso mi aspetto che mi rispondi in Italiano. O non ne sei capace perchè
> sei ignorante e hai studiato nel Bronx?
> Ciao
> Pandora

Hey, Jill. She respectfully (heh) awaits - in this sentence - "Adesso
mi aspetto che mi rispondi in Italiano." your reply in Italian. Show us
all what literacy looks like in a language not your own.

G'head. No, seriously...

Scema means "fool." Fits.

"Bronx" of course, refers to the farm of Jacob Bronk that later became a
memorable part of New York city. <LOL> It's not, strictly speaking, an
Italian word. But neither are the constructions "New York Yankees" or
"Yankee Stadium."

I especially like how you instantly went to crime families in your
picture of Italians. Makes me appreciate your obvious and deep respect
for "every legitimate Italian-American who came here to make a new
life." Couple that with your extremely authoritative grasp of
linguistics and I can tell you, I'm sure impressed with the erudite case
you've made. Got your education from Sheldon University, huh?

Pastorio

In article <[email protected]>,
"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > (snip)

> >> Why do you call it Vegas and not Las Vegas?
> >> Pan

> > It's just a commonly used "abbreviation."

> Ah! Ok! i thought it was another country :)
> Cheers
> Pandora
> > --
> > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

No, cara! Las Vegas is a city in the state of Nevada - the southwestern
part of the USA. It's chief industry is legalized gambling. "Sin City"
I think it is sometimes called.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

> Sarah Bennett wrote:
>

>> You must have noticed that this is something that happens at
>> times, that someone makes a mistake and annoys someone else in
>> doing so. It happened to me a couple of days ago, when I
>> wrote about some "Jews being kosher" and someone
>> pointed out that I had used a wrong way to describe "Jews who
>> keep kosher". Instead of getting upset about it, I told that
>> person that I am old and that I make mistakes. :eek:)
>>

> I didn't mean any harm by it, either. I know I can come across as
> more forceful than I intend to here. Stuff like that bugs me, but
> it's nothing personal :)

And I did not take it as something personal. I made a mistake and you
pointed it out to me and that was all.

"Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>>(snippage)

> <LOL> *NO ONE* talks like this. Spoken with great authority. And foolishly
> great error.

> And everybody knows that all Italians talk alike, right? And they're
> allied with crime families, right? And you know from how they talk that
> they would write grammatically correct English, right? It's a flaw of
> logic to try to postulate from the particular (one example) to the
> universal (everybody) and, in this case, it's also a character flaw.
>
> <LOL> As for knowing Italians who own restaurants, I used to be one. And I
> even know some.

> And you, Jill, are so far off-the-mark that it's hard to believe you
> consider this rational.
>
>>>What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
>>>family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?

>> She talks and writes like she is illiterate of the English language. I
>> don't believe she is. She also let everyone think (see the question from
>> Ophelia) to which I replied) she was IN Italy when it turns out she's
>> somewhere in the USA. To me that smacks of deception.

> Jill, it's absolutely, completely a matter of your not understanding.
> Nothing else. She spent the holidays more actively engaged in Italian NG's
> (as she states above) and has now rejoined RFC which she rightly considers
> American if only by weight of numbers of participants.

Yes. But I don't understand where is the problem. If I were an Italian
American who leaved in America and then went back in Italy for holidays.
Where is the problem?
I don't understand!

> And your extreme reaction and insistence on the correctness of your
> opinion in the face of clarifying explanations makes you look pretty
> silly.

It's what I think! Perhaps is wine or Rum or whiskey..

>> The way she "talks"
>> I'd expect a member of the Gambino family to come over and smack me
>> around
>> for not believing her. At least she likes to cook, but I'm not buying
>> the
>> illiterate Italian thing for a single minute.

Who is Gambino?

> Jill, it's a singular astonishment how utterly wrong you are about this
> and, further, how much like Sheldon you sound. How poisonous you are being
> in the depths of your error.

I Am surprised too! But tomorrow with aspirin and fresh air she will change!

> She lives in northern Italy. I have postmarks and addresses to prove it.
> In private correspondence, her English is as it is on group. She's not
> illiterate - far from it - she suffers exactly the same things that anyone
> speaking in languages not their own does.

I know that my English is not perfect. But I have said in the first post:" I
Am here to learn English!"
Perhaps English language is a little different from her slang!

> As for acquaintanceship with Italians - particularly northern Italians -
> my experience far, far trumps yours. My family came from there and my
> first language was Italian. I know the typical language formations likely
> to emerge in English (in which subject I'm university-degreed) from that
> linguistic background. They're what she posts.
>
> It would be good if you bothered to actually read what others have posted
> about her and the situation. Look less foolish. Sound less bigoted.

Thanks Bob You have said what I think!
Cheers
Pandora