Hello my friends !!!!!

"Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
Jill wrote:
Pandora wrote:
>> Ma allora sei proprio scema!!!!!!!! Non hai capito un bel fico secco!!!!!
>> Cmq. Questo è un complimento se non riesci ancora a capire che sono
>> Italiana.
>> Adesso mi aspetto che mi rispondi in Italiano. O non ne sei capace perchè
>> sei ignorante e hai studiato nel Bronx?
>> Ciao
>> Pandora

> Hey, Jill. She respectfully (heh) awaits - in this sentence - "Adesso mi
> aspetto che mi rispondi in Italiano." your reply in Italian. Show us all
> what literacy looks like in a language not your own.

Ecco! Bravo Bob, diglielo!

> G'head. No, seriously...
>
> Scema means "fool." Fits.
>
> "Bronx" of course, refers to the farm of Jacob Bronk that later became a
> memorable part of New York city. <LOL> It's not, strictly speaking, an
> Italian word. But neither are the constructions "New York Yankees" or
> "Yankee Stadium."

No! Io dicevo proprio che ha studiato nel Bronx per dire che non ha studiato
per niente! :)

> I especially like how you instantly went to crime families in your picture
> of Italians.

What is a crime family? Does she mean Mafia?
Well I think that if she speaks of Mafia she is inside mafia!

Makes me appreciate your obvious and deep respect
> for "every legitimate Italian-American who came here to make a new life."

I have seen many americans in Rome university but I don't think they are
gangsters!

Couple that with your extremely authoritative grasp of
> linguistics and I can tell you, I'm sure impressed with the erudite case
> you've made. Got your education from Sheldon University, huh?

I think that she spent her holidays in the Sheldon's school too!
Cheers ;)
Pandora

> Pastorio

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 13:55:51 GMT, Rhonda Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>This post seems to have confused a lot of people, but to me, since I
>hadn't seen any of her posts for a while, it meant that she had spent her
>Christmas holidays only posting in Italian newsgroups, and now she was back
>in RFC - "America". Another post made it clear she associated RFC with
>America.
>
>Rhonda Anderson
>Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

For what it's worth, that's exactly the way I interpreted Pandora's
post as well. She meant she was back in "America" figuratively, not
literally.

ms.b

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
>> messaggio news:[email protected]...
>> > In article <[email protected]>,
>> > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > (snip)

>> > It's just a commonly used "abbreviation."

>> Ah! Ok! i thought it was another country :)
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>> > --
>> > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

> No, cara! Las Vegas is a city in the state of Nevada - the southwestern
> part of the USA. It's chief industry is legalized gambling. "Sin City"
> I think it is sometimes called.

So Las Vegas is another country...you say..
Pan
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:17:28 -0500, Margaret Suran
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Jill is a nice person. I am certain that she meant no harm. You are
>a nice person and I know that this will be straightened out in no time
>at all. There is no sense in getting so upset about it. Besides, I
>get very, very upset when two people I like and consider to be my
>friends, have a misunderstanding. :eek:(

Margaret, I read here all the time but hardly ever post (as I'm sure
you are aware!). I have to say you are one of the kindest, sweetest,
most humble people I have ever had the pleasure of reading. A real
treasure, IMO.

ms.b

In article <[email protected]>,
"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:

(snippage)

> >> Nothern Italy, near Turin. The name of the country is Germagnano, near
> >> Alps.

> > That is where I thought you lived and I was surprised to see someone write
> > that you were not living in Italy:)

> I was surprised too! But perhaps he forgot! I don't remember where all the
> folks (Rcf'rs) lives! But I know that Ophelia live in Scotland but she was
> born in Yorkshire (I remember this things because of the puddings :))) ) ;
> that Margaret, lives in New York; That sf lives in San francisco and Whayne
> lives near California. I know that Bob Pastorio lives in Virginia, That
> Carol "in this Crash" lives in Minnesota, that Patches lives in Canada ...
> and Sheldon lives in Burundi :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
> I don't know where the other folks lives. I Suggest to write it under the
> sign.
> What do you think?

An admirable suggestions, perhaps, but I prefer to glean such things via
posts and other interactions with posters. And I would suppose that
some posters like to have an air of mystery around them as to where they
live or where they post from. And some would be wise to not let folks
know where they live, lest they be hunted down! "-)

Have you ever visited America, Pandora? It is a very large and
interesting place. My husband used to travel to Ostiglia once or twice
a year on business -- and he never brought me with him! I have never
been to Italia. :-(

Felice Anno Nuovo, Signorina.

--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

> I think that she spent her holidays in the Sheldon's school too!
> Cheers ;)
> Pandora

Pandora,

My advice is just don't worry about it. (But that advice may be worth
exactly what you paid for it.)

Every day, I work with English language learners. Some people learn
faster, some slower, some make this mistake, some make that mistake.
There is no universal.

I have to applaud you because you don't mind just doing your best in
English. I, on the other hand, don't really like to speak in foreign
languages because I sound like a complete idiot when I do. So I guess
in one respect you're lucky: I sound like an idiot, you just sound
like a Mafiosa.

Again congratulations on just jumping in with both feet.

Ken

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> (snippage)

>> > That is where I thought you lived and I was surprised to see someone
>> > write
>> > that you were not living in Italy:)

>> I was surprised too! But perhaps he forgot! I don't remember where all
>> the
>> folks (Rcf'rs) lives! But I know that Ophelia live in Scotland but she
>> was
>> born in Yorkshire (I remember this things because of the puddings :))) )
>> ;
>> that Margaret, lives in New York; That sf lives in San francisco and
>> Whayne
>> lives near California. I know that Bob Pastorio lives in Virginia, That
>> Carol "in this Crash" lives in Minnesota, that Patches lives in Canada
>> and Sheldon lives in Burundi :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>> I don't know where the other folks lives. I Suggest to write it under the
>> sign.
>> What do you think?

> An admirable suggestions, perhaps, but I prefer to glean such things via
> posts and other interactions with posters. And I would suppose that
> some posters like to have an air of mystery around them as to where they
> live or where they post from. And some would be wise to not let folks
> know where they live, lest they be hunted down! "-)

Usa is big! If you write your nation there is no danger!

> Have you ever visited America, Pandora? It is a very large and
> interesting place.

.. No! But since I was a childe I dream of it :)

My husband used to travel to Ostiglia once or twice
> a year on business -- and he never brought me with him! I have never
> been to Italia. :-(

Oh! You can come to see me when you want! You are welcome!!!!!

> Felice Anno Nuovo, Signorina.

Thank you but now I Am grown up: I Am a Signora :((

Many kisses
pandora

>> Cheers and greetings
>> Pandora
>> in Piedmont (Nothern Italy).

> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

On Sun 08 Jan 2006 07:47:14a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Pandora?

> I was surprised too! But perhaps he forgot! I don't remember where all
> the folks (Rcf'rs) lives! But I know that Ophelia live in Scotland but
> she was born in Yorkshire (I remember this things because of the
> puddings :))) ) ; that Margaret, lives in New York; That sf lives in San
> francisco and Whayne lives near California. I know that Bob Pastorio
> lives in Virginia, That Carol "in this Crash" lives in Minnesota, that
> Patches lives in Canada ... and Sheldon lives in Burundi
> :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I don't know where the other folks lives. I Suggest
> to write it under the sign.
> What do you think?
> Cheers and greetings
> Pandora
> in Piedmont (Nothern Italy).

Yes, Pandora, I live near California. Actually, I live in Arzona near the
city of Phoenix.

I don't think a lot of folks would want to list their location with their
name, myself included, although I don't mind telling you in the message
itself.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Pandora wrote:

> > (snippage)

> >> I don't believe you.
> >>
> >> "have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In
> >> America. My Italian Ng friends needed my presence: they were so
> >> lovely and so kind ... I have had a nice welcome there!!!
> >> It's a pity they are a little hill billies folks! :DDDDDDDDD
> >> I'm very glad to see you again! today is the Epifany feast here.
> >> I'm gonna do some Spinach gnocchi today for lunch!
> >> I will tell you!
> >> Fondly
> >> Pandora"
> >>
> >> No one talks like this.

No one? You shoulda heard Joe Mezzenga! And a wonderful Italian man
named Luigi that Rob used to work with. LOL!

> >> I've met a number of Italians who own
> >> restaurants (around here it's the Gristanti family) and they don't
> >> talk like they are members of a crime family. They sure as hell
> >> wouldn't TYPE like they are. You, my friend, deserve every criticism
> >> you get. With your half-assed "English" you are an insult to every
> >> legitimate Italian-American who came here to make a new life.

How's your Italian? Better than her English?

> > What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
> > family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?

> She talks and writes like she is illiterate of the English language.

You're kidding, right? She talks and writes like someone who doesn't
know the language well but is trying her best to join in the discussions
with hope of improving along the way. I've always thought her questions
are intelligent and well-intentioned. Geez, I give her high marks for
not letting her shortcomings with the language prevent her from posting.
I don't know that I'd have the courage to post in a Spanish-speaking
newsgroup.

> I don't believe she is. She also let everyone think (see the question from
> Ophelia) to which I replied) she was IN Italy when it turns out she's
> somewhere in the USA.

Mmmmm, that seems to have been cleared up by at least one person with
whom she has corresponded by postal mail. Is that enough for an apology
for the character attack?

> At least she likes to cook, but I'm not buying the illiterate Italian thing for a single minute.

Good thing. I hardly think she's an illiterate Italian. And I don't
think she's ever pretended to be one. And, of course, you are entitled
to your opinions. As we all are.

--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
>> We are in our home in a park near Fergus. Didn't go away
>> this winter cuz too much to do here. I have my new
>> kitchen now, just waiting for a lovely bit of stone for
>> my baking island. Had some real problems with our new
>> stove and it's being replaced, hopefully next week.
>>
>> Motorhome is stored at the moment.

> I thought you would like to spend six monthes in your
> motorhome!
> I like the idea of a baking island! Share a photo, please,
> when you have finished.
> Cheers
> Pandora
>>
>> MoM

I have some up already.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

MoM

"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]...
>>> Pandora wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> It sure is!!! :) Great food too!

>> My husband thinks so..; D LOL
>>
>> MoM

> What use to eat Canadians? I imagine only salmon :)
> Cheers
> Pandora

Weeeelll, I may live in Canada, but, I'm a Scot and my hubby
is a Sassenach!

MoM

"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "nancree" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> ....And I love yours!!!!! :))))
>>> Thank you
>>> Pandy
>>>>

>> Ok, ok. Pandy doesn't want us to know WHERE she lives!
>> :D

> Nothern Italy, near Turin. The name of the country is
> Germagnano, near Alps.
> Cheers
> Pandora
>>
>> MoM

So what did you mean when you said.

>I have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come
>back In America.

MoM

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun 08 Jan 2006 07:47:14a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Pandora?
>
>> I was surprised too! But perhaps he forgot! I don't remember where all
>> the folks (Rcf'rs) lives! But I know that Ophelia live in Scotland but
>> she was born in Yorkshire (I remember this things because of the
>> puddings :))) ) ; that Margaret, lives in New York; That sf lives in San
>> francisco and Whayne lives near California. I know that Bob Pastorio
>> lives in Virginia, That Carol "in this Crash" lives in Minnesota, that
>> Patches lives in Canada ... and Sheldon lives in Burundi
>> :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I don't know where the other folks lives. I Suggest
>> to write it under the sign.
>> What do you think?
>> Cheers and greetings
>> Pandora
>> in Piedmont (Nothern Italy).
>>

> Yes, Pandora, I live near California. Actually, I live in Arzona near the
> city of Phoenix.
>
> I don't think a lot of folks would want to list their location with their
> name, myself included, although I don't mind telling you in the message
> itself.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Ok! I write you live in Arizona!
Cheers
Pandora
in Piedmont (Nothern Italy)
> And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

"MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Ok, ok. Pandy doesn't want us to know WHERE she lives! :D

>> Nothern Italy, near Turin. The name of the country is Germagnano, near
>> Alps.
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>>>
>>> MoM
>>>

> So what did you mean when you said.
>
>>I have spent my Xmas holiday in Italy. But now I Am come back In America.

I have spent my holidays in *Italian NG*. But now I Am come back in
*american NG*
Is it so difficult to understand? :)

I think that you Americans are so very kind and so many jealous :DDDDDD

I Love jealous persons :)))
Cheers
Pandora

MoM wrote:

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>"~patches~" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>>message news:[email protected]...

>>>My husband thinks so..; D LOL
>>>
>>>MoM

>>What use to eat Canadians? I imagine only salmon :)
>>Cheers
>>Pandora
>>

> Weeeelll, I may live in Canada, but, I'm a Scot and my hubby
> is a Sassenach!
>
> MoM

What general area in Canada, MoM. You don't have to reveal the name of
your town or city but just curious. I'm in Canada too :) IIRC biig is
also in Canada. I'm not sure who else.

BTW, to those interested there is more Canadian food than salmon :)

"~patches~" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> MoM wrote:
>
>> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>"MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>What use to eat Canadians? I imagine only salmon :)
>>>Cheers
>>>Pandora
>>>

>> Weeeelll, I may live in Canada, but, I'm a Scot and my hubby is a
>> Sassenach!
>>
>> MoM

Ohhh! I didn't know you were a scott! Here in Italy canadian's and scottish
salmons are gourmet things! We haven't salmons!

> What general area in Canada, MoM. You don't have to reveal the name of
> your town or city but just curious. I'm in Canada too :) IIRC biig is
> also in Canada. I'm not sure who else.
>
> BTW, to those interested there is more Canadian food than salmon :)

I'Am sure And mine wasn't an offence! I only would know waht is the typical
things you eat :)
TIA
Pandora
In Italy we eat not only Spaghetti :)

>> Have you ever visited America, Pandora? It is a very large and
>> interesting place.

> . No! But since I was a childe I dream of it :)

I dream of visiting Italy again someday; actually I can think of no better
place -- except of course my own motherland, America the Beautiful. But,
I've not been everywhere ....

Why America Was Named for Americus Vespucius. The New World should have been
named for ...Columbus, ..."
http://www.usgennet.org/usa/topic/preservation/geo/europe/page34.htm

Dee Dee

In article <[email protected]>,
"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > No, cara! Las Vegas is a city in the state of Nevada - the southwestern
> > part of the USA. It's chief industry is legalized gambling. "Sin City"
> > I think it is sometimes called.

> So Las Vegas is another country...you say..
> Pan
> > --
> > http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

Some, my dear Pan, would say that Las Vegas is another WORLD. Nope,
Nevada is a state in the US. And Vegas is a big city therein. :)
Ciao. Or maybe I should say Chow. "-)
-Barb
--

Bob (this one) wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>> (snippage)

> <LOL> *NO ONE* talks like this. Spoken with great authority. And
> foolishly great error.

> And everybody knows that all Italians talk alike, right? And they're
> allied with crime families, right? And you know from how they talk
> that they would write grammatically correct English, right? It's a
> flaw of
> logic to try to postulate from the particular (one example) to the
> universal (everybody) and, in this case, it's also a character flaw.
>
> <LOL> As for knowing Italians who own restaurants, I used to be one.
> And
> I even know some.

> And you, Jill, are so far off-the-mark that it's hard to believe you
> consider this rational.
>
>>> What, in her posts, suggests "talk like they are members of a crime
>>> family"? What are you seeing that I'm missing?

>> She talks and writes like she is illiterate of the English language.
>> I don't believe she is. She also let everyone think (see the
>> question from Ophelia) to which I replied) she was IN Italy when it
>> turns out she's somewhere in the USA. To me that smacks of
>> deception.

> Jill, it's absolutely, completely a matter of your not understanding.
> Nothing else. She spent the holidays more actively engaged in Italian
> NG's (as she states above) and has now rejoined RFC which she rightly
> considers American if only by weight of numbers of participants.
>
> And your extreme reaction and insistence on the correctness of your
> opinion in the face of clarifying explanations makes you look pretty
> silly.
>
>> The way she "talks"
>> I'd expect a member of the Gambino family to come over and smack me
>> around for not believing her. At least she likes to cook, but I'm
>> not buying the illiterate Italian thing for a single minute.

> Jill, it's a singular astonishment how utterly wrong you are

I beg forgiveness... please! I've apologized. I'm having a bad week. I
take it out on usenet because I can't kick the cat or toss her out in the
cold or strangle the bird! Pleeeeeez forgive me. I'm a friggin *****.

Jill

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
>>> Have you ever visited America, Pandora? It is a very large and
>>> interesting place.

>> . No! But since I was a childe I dream of it :)

> I dream of visiting Italy again someday; actually I can think of no better
> place -- except of course my own motherland, America the Beautiful. But,
> I've not been everywhere ....
>
> Why America Was Named for Americus Vespucius. The New World should have
> been named for ...Columbus, ..."
> http://www.usgennet.org/usa/topic/preservation/geo/europe/page34.htm

Very interesting, thank you!
Pan