Hello World

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Demigod, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Demigod

Demigod New Member

My name is Richard and I am from Northern California, just north of Sacramento.

I got into biking last year when a friend invited me on a "somewhat serious" ride on a local trail. I quickly discovered that I was out of shape and that my (cheap) mountain bike wasn't what I needed. My buddy promised me that he rode on a regular basis, so that same night I bought a new bike - a 2013 Fuji Absolute 1.2. I didn't ride with my buddy again that year, but I started to ride myself on a regular basis.

This past spring I noticed I topped 250 lbs, which was unacceptable. I decided to go balls to the wall exercising, including two hours of biking a day (as well as running and shooting hoops). Four months later I had dropped down to 235 lbs. I try to bike every day.

A few weeks ago I bought a used Giant OCR3, which only reignited my passion for riding. My plan is to continue to get my feet wet while I try to figure out exactly what bike I want.

At the same time, my older brother works at a bike shop in Oregon, and my younger brother is in the process of opening up a bike shop in Pennsylvania.

Here is a few pix....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. AyeYo

AyeYo Member

Welcome. That vertical mount rack is pretty sweet. I need something like that...

3. Demigod

Demigod New Member

I got it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000077CPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like it.

4. Demigod

Demigod New Member

And yesterday I... bought a new bike! A Fuji Roubaix 1.1.

[​IMG]

Compared to the older Giant OCR I've been driving, this is like driving a Ferrari!