Hello

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by bansidhe, Mar 18, 2013.

1. bansidhe

bansidhe New Member

Hi,

I am a 51 yr old female who is trying to get back into chape after tearing her ACL and having it reconstructed in August.
    I have been on the trainer 5 days a week for 45-90 minutes. I am anxious to get back on the road!

I am hoping to get lots of valuable information with regards to training and equipment from this site!

thanks

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I had knee surgery 4 years ago. Being stubborn I was on the road bike two and a half weeks after surgery. Both Meniscus were torn and folded and my ACL was torn. Bending my knee was the hardest part but I got back to form quickly. 75% of getting back is mental fortitude.

3. bansidhe

bansidhe New Member

Thanks. Yes, mental fortitude, indeed! I'm pretty scrappy so I have hope. I tore it after a bad landing during one of my TaeKwonDo
    tests. :-(... That was the real bummer. I had put aside running and cycling to focus on preparing for my black belt test. I tore it with two months to go. That stung.

This time, I am going to continue to ride and hopefully run too. If all goes well I will be able to test in September. Until then
    I want to ride and ride well.. I just have to get my legs back without doing something stupid to set me back yet again!

I am glad to hear getting back is doable. I am to competitive to accept anything less!

:)