Helment light instead of a flag.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Alpha Beta, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    I am advocate of turning on your flashing lights in the daytime it helps you stand out. I just found
    one which mounts on your helmet. On my recumbent, it stands about sedan driver level. I hope SUV
    driver look down. On a tadpole trike, it is about SUV bumper level. I am not sure if a flags does
    that much.

    I also feel that manufactures should offer the option of a florescent yellow mesh seat rather than
    black. A black dot in the distance does not stand out as much as a yellow dot.

    Tags:

  2. Nah Stick a Mirror on your backrest and save your batteries. When their Hi-beams hit you, you hit
    them...sorta speak...hmm may be a flaw in this one. How about just taping 3M Yellow Reflecto-strips
    to your backrest.
    ---------------------------
    "Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am advocate of turning on your flashing lights in the daytime it helps
    you
    > stand out. I just found one which mounts on your helmet. On my recumbent, it stands about sedan
    > driver level. I hope SUV driver
    look
    > down. On a tadpole trike, it is about SUV bumper level. I am not sure if a flags does that much.
    >
    > I also feel that manufactures should offer the option of a florescent
    yellow
    > mesh seat rather than black. A black dot in the distance does not stand
    out
    > as much as a yellow dot.

  3. Most tail lights are useless in the daytime Dan Kluckhuhn

    "Alpha Beta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am advocate of turning on your flashing lights in the daytime it helps
    you
    > stand out. I just found one which mounts on your helmet. On my recumbent, it stands about sedan
    > driver level. I hope SUV driver
    look
    > down. On a tadpole trike, it is about SUV bumper level. I am not sure if a flags does that much.
    >
    > I also feel that manufactures should offer the option of a florescent
    yellow
    > mesh seat rather than black. A black dot in the distance does not stand
    out
    > as much as a yellow dot.

  4. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

    "Dan Kluckhuhn" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Most tail lights are useless in the daytime

    Not this one.....http://www.securityduka.com/higsaflig.html

    I have other riders that overtake me tell me that they see the light LOOOONG before they see me, and
    this is in broad daylight under a blistering south Texas sun.

    Jerry

  5. You're right Jerry. I have one of these and it is the only tail light that I know of that is visible
    during daylight. It would cause terrible neck strain if used on a helmet, though. Dan Kluckhuhn

    "Jerry Rhodes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Dan Kluckhuhn" <[email protected]> wrote
    >

    > > Most tail lights are useless in the daytime
    >

    > Not this one.....http://www.securityduka.com/higsaflig.html
    >
    > I have other riders that overtake me tell me that they see the light LOOOONG before they see me,
    > and this is in broad daylight under a blistering south Texas sun.
    >
    > Jerry

  6. remove the 6 magnets and use NiMH AA batteries and it worx as a low weight Helmet light....but still
    better on a backrest
    news:[email protected]...