Helmet cam video of the Roubaix cobbles

bobcullinan

Guest
Pretty amazing stuff from the Forest of Arenberg, the nastiest stretch
of cobbles on the Paris-Roubaix course. There's also footage of the
final stretch on the velorome at Roubaix:

http://tinyurl.com/6k2d6h

bobcullinan wrote:
> Pretty amazing stuff from the Forest of Arenberg, the nastiest stretch
> of cobbles on the Paris-Roubaix course. There's also footage of the
> final stretch on the velorome at Roubaix:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6k2d6h

The Arenberg sucks, no doubt about it. But that doesn't give you
a taste of what the riders get, because they hit it warp speed.

I find the rare downhill sections of cobbles to be the most
illuminating, because they tell you what it's like to hit them
at race speed.

Bob Schwartz

In article <[email protected]>,
Ted van de Weteringe <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > bobcullinan wrote:
> >> [cobbles]

> > [cobbles]

> Look! *New* cobbles!
> http://www.lesamisdeparisroubaix.com/imgcol/vertain2008/imgcol/

A deconstruction project? I didn't know French philosophers were now
being given road-building contracts.

Greg must be super-thrilled!

Did you notice how the riders slowed down in the corners of the velorome at
Roubaix?

news:[email protected]...