Helmet Cameras

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by decca234uk, Oct 8, 2010.

1. decca234uk

decca234uk New Member

I've been noticing that a lot of cyclists are wearing cameras on their helmets. I think these can be a good idea in case of accidents and can be excellent if yoy have a cycling blog. Do any of you guys use helmet cam? If so what do you think about them? Do you have any recommendations of which are the best or know of any problems with them. I'd be interested to know your views.

Tags:

2. TheCor

TheCor New Member

I have the GoPro Helmet Hero and have used it a lot with my mountain bike. You can get a variety of mounts for your helmet, frame, chest, etc. I had it mounted under the frame looking through the front fork above the tire for a while, that was pretty cool. I haven't used it on my roadbike at all, haven't really had a reason. Its a great little camera though, and they now make an HD version which looks great. Go on YouTube and search "GoPro Bike Vids" and you'll find a ton of pieces people have put together.

3. SierraSlim

SierraSlim Active Member

Hi, Decca!

I just did a little research on helmet cameras last night! The one that really stood out to me was the Drift Innovation HD170 Action Cam, because it has a screen to help you line up your shot, and then watch your video right away, and a wireless remote that you can strap to your wrist (or anywhere else). It's pricy at $330, but if you look at the video taken with it, they look nearly as good as my television! There's a link to them here with helpful information (and links to other cams they review, too): http://helmetcameracentral.com/2010/07/29/drift-innovation-hd170-action-cam-review/ And no, lol, this isn't spam and I don't work for them; I'm looking for one for a bike tour next summer, and II was just really impressed with it. Good luck with your search.

Sierraslim

[​IMG]

4. decca234uk

decca234uk New Member

I've had a look at the bike vids they're great, thanks for that. I'm seriously considering geing one. I love toys.