Helmet Cams?

I love to watch some of these mountain bike downhill rides on youtube, they are like video games.

I may want to mount my camera to my handlebar. So far, except for those nine idiots yesterday, I doubt I would have much juicy enough to warrant a camera.

There are already quite a few apps that allow easily to edit the video we want, simple and quick.

I think its just to record the ride and maybe to make their performance better. Some people also like to photograph some sight using a bike. Then again, its completely up the user what their using it for.

I'm getting the Sony HRS-AS200V with the remote option. Cheaper than the Hero 4 and comparable in quality from the reviews I've read. Plus to date I've had luck with Sony image products.

I don't see the point of having one! I've been riding for over 40 years and never got hit from behind or sideswiped. I don't live my life being paranoid about anything and everything and I'm not about to ride my bike in fear of being hit, I do ride my bike and drive my car defensively and that's why I don't crash, I've had two crashes in 40 plus years of riding that caused either damage to the bike or to me or both! I have better things to spend my money than that sort of nonsense.

The only reason I see a need for it it's just a matter of entertainment, some might enjoy recording what they do to watch it later. There's not a need for safety I agree with that.

I think I would want to use a helmet cam for the same reasons I would use a dash cam or a secret body cam. I think I would want to use one for both personal and private reasons. I think if a biker is to meet with danger while out on a ride, he/she would want law enforcement personnel putting together the case to put the pieces together a little easier. I would think this would be easier for law enforcement anyway.

For me it wouldn't be the same reasons. The main reason would be to get on video all the amazing places and experiences I have while on the bike. For when I am too old and can't ride? :)

Well if you looking for a cam to go cycling with, I came across this camera that mounts to any pair of glasses, thought it was a very interesting form factor and it shoots in full HD which I found very impressive for such a small camera
Geco%20Pic_zpsufauyser.jpg

Reactions: Sunflogun
Most of the people doing this aren't into it for safety. There are a few fringe anti-motorist types out there looking for trouble but that is a small handful of people. It's a fad lately. Sort of a vanity and sometimes educational thing. Hit up YouTube and you will see what I mean.

Dee318i said:
Well if you looking for a cam to go cycling with, I came across this camera that mounts to any pair of glasses, thought it was a very interesting form factor and it shoots in full HD which I found very impressive for such a small camera
That's a really interesting one true, I just wonder about the price and how heavy it is.

I use a drift 170, but it's only there in case I should get hit by someone on the way to or from work.

The vast majority of what it records (waaayyy more than 99%) gets deleted as it's just boring day to day stuff that's not needed.

However, if something were to happen, I like the thought of having the evidence.

Sunflogun said:
That's a really interesting one true, I just wonder about the price and how heavy it is.
Well ive done some research into it and they say that it weighs about 20 grams and they selling it for $200

Reactions: Sunflogun
So that's really light, I am surprised, it looks more heavy. $200 is not cheap, but if it's a quality camera it's worth the price.

I'm liking that idea. I never thought about doing that. You could make a lot of videos doing that and just talk away about whatever. A bike reality show about where you went today. Probably doesn't cost that much. You could mount any camera on the handle bars or whatever.

joshposh said:
It's just to record them selves riding around and stuff. That's the latest thing. It's all over youtube also. The new GoPros are pretty cool and are shot in HD.
I have also heard of GoPro which was said to be used in the movies now because of its HD videos for output. But I wonder if that is practical to have over here. Riders may just be endangering their lives with that fancy and attractive camera. Not to smear our cities but there are criminal elements around us that you don't know when they will pounce on you. Even an antiquated cellphone is an object of lust by those criminals, what more a modern camera like GoPro?

I would say that they use it for safety purposes. If someone tries to hit them with a car or gets angry and yells at them, then they have it recorded. I have seen altercations between people in cars and people on bikes and those that had cameras put it on the internet and made a statement.

Dee318i said:
Man, that's tight. That's almost like the Google glasses.