Helmet face shield, pls?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jose B. Ruivo, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Hi All,

    Has anyone found any kind of face shield that you can wear with a
    bicycle helmet on?

    TIA,
    Jose B. Ruivo

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Jose B. Ruivo wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Has anyone found any kind of face shield that you can wear with a
    > bicycle helmet on?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jose B. Ruivo

    Respro Vizor is the only one I know

    Tony

    PS We think the helmet lobby overstress the dangers of cycling but just
    visited the Respro site to check they still made Vizors and the front
    page is just "Its too toxic out there" in big bold letters. Perhaps we
    should be wearing fully armoured hazchem suits for cycling these days

  3. Hi Tony,

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:36:06 +0000, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    >Respro Vizor is the only one I know

    I know that too, but I'm looking for something that covers more of the
    face.

    >PS We think the helmet lobby overstress the dangers of cycling but just

    I don't care about lobbies, only my sinusitis and the headaches I get
    from being exposed to cold wind in the area just below my eyes, and
    breathing in all the pollution on the road.

    Regards,
    Jose B. Ruivo

  4. LSMike

    LSMike Guest

    Oh, I thought you were going to play hockey or something like that.

  5. Sue White

    Sue White Guest

    LSMike <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
    >Oh, I thought you were going to play hockey or something like that.

    Bicycle polo? Is that as dangerous as it looks?

    --
    Sue ]8:))

    What goes down must come up again - Confucius' Law of Mountain Biking

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Jose B. Ruivo wrote:

    > I don't care about lobbies, only my sinusitis and the headaches I get
    > from being exposed to cold wind in the area just below my eyes, and
    > breathing in all the pollution on the road.

    Would a balaclava thin enough to fit under your helmet help? Something
    like this perhaps? <http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300004301>

    --
    Dave...

    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
    future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

  7. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Jose B. Ruivo wrote:

    > I don't care about lobbies, only my sinusitis and the headaches I get
    > from being exposed to cold wind in the area just below my eyes, and
    > breathing in all the pollution on the road.

    You'll need a gas mask to prevent you breathing in the polution, face
    masks are not much use except for dust.

  8. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Sue White wrote:
    > LSMike <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
    >
    >> Oh, I thought you were going to play hockey or something like that.
    >>

    > Bicycle polo? Is that as dangerous as it looks?

    If the rules are understood and followed by the players it's not
    unreasonably dangerous.

    --
    Dave...

    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
    future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

  9. On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:52:36 GMT, Dave Kahn <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Would a balaclava thin enough to fit under your helmet help? Something
    >like this perhaps? <http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300004301>

    Yes, that's another alternative I'm considering. Or this one here,
    too, since I already wear a headband
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300004301

    Thank you,
    Jose B. Ruivo

  10. On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:46:12 +0000, MSeries <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >You'll need a gas mask to prevent you breathing in the polution, face

    I'll be happy if I can keep my face warm ...

    TIA,
    Jose B. Ruivo

  11. PhilO

    PhilO Guest

    Jose B. Ruivo wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:46:12 +0000, MSeries <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >You'll need a gas mask to prevent you breathing in the polution,

    face

    > I'll be happy if I can keep my face warm ...

    How about a thermal face mask from www.Tchibo.co.uk?

    Put "thermal face mask" in the Search box and you'll find it.
    Very nice for £2.99

    PhilO

  12. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    PhilO wrote:

    > How about a thermal face mask from www.Tchibo.co.uk?
    >
    > Put "thermal face mask" in the Search box and you'll find it.
    > Very nice for £2.99

    I've got their thermal fleece headband which is really excellent. The
    top part of the face mask looks to be the same thing.

    --
    Dave...

  13. PhilO

    PhilO Guest

    Separate items which (confusingly) are shown in the same picture.
    Facemask is just the bottom part of the photo. I got one to try, but
    it's not been cold enough to need it yet.

    PhilO

  14. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    PhilO wrote:
    > Separate items which (confusingly) are shown in the same picture.
    > Facemask is just the bottom part of the photo. I got one to try, but
    > it's not been cold enough to need it yet.

    Aha! That would explain why the look so similar. I had assumed they
    were attached. Thanks for clearing that up.

    --
    Dave...

  15. Hi Philo,

    On 7 Jan 2005 05:49:32 -0800, "PhilO" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Separate items which (confusingly) are shown in the same picture.
    >Facemask is just the bottom part of the photo. I got one to try, but

    Seems rather interesting for what I need!

    Since you have a facemask, can you tell me - or us - if the mask can
    be brought up higher in the face, closer to the eyes? (Right below the
    eyes is a particularly sensitive spot for someone who suffers from
    sinusitis and gets cold in that area ...)

    Thank you very much!

    Jose B. Ruivo