Helmet face shield, pls?

Jose B. Ruivo

Guest
Hi All,

Has anyone found any kind of face shield that you can wear with a
bicycle helmet on?

TIA,
Jose B. Ruivo

Jose B. Ruivo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone found any kind of face shield that you can wear with a
> bicycle helmet on?
>
> TIA,
> Jose B. Ruivo

Respro Vizor is the only one I know

Tony

PS We think the helmet lobby overstress the dangers of cycling but just
visited the Respro site to check they still made Vizors and the front
page is just "Its too toxic out there" in big bold letters. Perhaps we
should be wearing fully armoured hazchem suits for cycling these days

Hi Tony,

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 17:36:06 +0000, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
wrote:
>Respro Vizor is the only one I know

I know that too, but I'm looking for something that covers more of the
face.

>PS We think the helmet lobby overstress the dangers of cycling but just

I don't care about lobbies, only my sinusitis and the headaches I get
from being exposed to cold wind in the area just below my eyes, and
breathing in all the pollution on the road.

Regards,
Jose B. Ruivo

Oh, I thought you were going to play hockey or something like that.

LSMike <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>Oh, I thought you were going to play hockey or something like that.

Bicycle polo? Is that as dangerous as it looks?

--
Sue ]8:))

What goes down must come up again - Confucius' Law of Mountain Biking

Jose B. Ruivo wrote:

> I don't care about lobbies, only my sinusitis and the headaches I get
> from being exposed to cold wind in the area just below my eyes, and
> breathing in all the pollution on the road.

Would a balaclava thin enough to fit under your helmet help? Something
like this perhaps? <http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300004301>

--
Dave...

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

Jose B. Ruivo wrote:

> I don't care about lobbies, only my sinusitis and the headaches I get
> from being exposed to cold wind in the area just below my eyes, and
> breathing in all the pollution on the road.

You'll need a gas mask to prevent you breathing in the polution, face
masks are not much use except for dust.

Sue White wrote:
> LSMike <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>
>> Oh, I thought you were going to play hockey or something like that.
>>

> Bicycle polo? Is that as dangerous as it looks?

If the rules are understood and followed by the players it's not
unreasonably dangerous.

--
Dave...

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:52:36 GMT, Dave Kahn <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Would a balaclava thin enough to fit under your helmet help? Something
>like this perhaps? <http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300004301>

Yes, that's another alternative I'm considering. Or this one here,
too, since I already wear a headband
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300004301

Thank you,
Jose B. Ruivo

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:46:12 +0000, MSeries <[email protected]>
wrote:

>You'll need a gas mask to prevent you breathing in the polution, face

I'll be happy if I can keep my face warm ...

TIA,
Jose B. Ruivo

Jose B. Ruivo wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:46:12 +0000, MSeries <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >You'll need a gas mask to prevent you breathing in the polution,

face

> I'll be happy if I can keep my face warm ...

How about a thermal face mask from www.Tchibo.co.uk?

Put "thermal face mask" in the Search box and you'll find it.
Very nice for £2.99

PhilO

PhilO wrote:

> How about a thermal face mask from www.Tchibo.co.uk?
>
> Put "thermal face mask" in the Search box and you'll find it.
> Very nice for £2.99

I've got their thermal fleece headband which is really excellent. The
top part of the face mask looks to be the same thing.

--
Dave...

Separate items which (confusingly) are shown in the same picture.
Facemask is just the bottom part of the photo. I got one to try, but
it's not been cold enough to need it yet.

PhilO

PhilO wrote:
> Separate items which (confusingly) are shown in the same picture.
> Facemask is just the bottom part of the photo. I got one to try, but
> it's not been cold enough to need it yet.

Aha! That would explain why the look so similar. I had assumed they
were attached. Thanks for clearing that up.

--
Dave...

Hi Philo,

On 7 Jan 2005 05:49:32 -0800, "PhilO" <[email protected]> wrote:
>Separate items which (confusingly) are shown in the same picture.
>Facemask is just the bottom part of the photo. I got one to try, but

Seems rather interesting for what I need!

Since you have a facemask, can you tell me - or us - if the mask can
be brought up higher in the face, closer to the eyes? (Right below the
eyes is a particularly sensitive spot for someone who suffers from
sinusitis and gets cold in that area ...)

Thank you very much!

Jose B. Ruivo