Helmet Newbe Question

"AndyMorris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I've got a gortex one. I use it more to keep my head warm in winter, as I have a large head and so
> little spare room for hats. The cover and a buff keep my head lovely and warm. Also you can remove
> the cover if it warms up without stopping.
>
> When its not cold, who cares about wet hair?

ah but do you really want a fluid expression?

mk5000

"Free software has many faces... First let me talk about the noble face."--Nathan Whitehead

Andy Dingley <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> >Helmets with copious amounts of venting are cooler in summer but may be larger overall, which
> >(some people say) increases the chances of other unpredictable secondary effects in a crash.

> OTOH, they're more likely to still be worn in weather like the last few days.

Surely not - doesn't everybody cover their polystyrene foam deflector beanie with aluminium foil to
complete the protective effect?