[Helmet] Organisations against Compulsion

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Thompson, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would be
    worth mentioning in my letter to MP. So far I've got:

    British Medical Association http://www.bma.org/ap.nsf/Content/CyclingPU Cycle Touring Club
    http://www.ctc.org.uk/resources/Campaigns/0305_CTChelmetpromo8brf.doc European Cyclists' Federation
    http://www.ecf.com/publications/index.htm

    Are there any other organisations out there that are against compulsion?

    ---

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Mark Thompson" <[email protected] (change warm for hot)>

    > Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would
    be
    > worth mentioning in my letter to MP. So far I've got:

    Excellent idea - so good I stole it.

    <url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/Organisations_
    Opposed>

    I'll add any others as notified.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    What about "Don't BHIT" as the name of the campaign?

    I feel a t-shirt coming on.

    Tony

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

  6. Nc

    Nc Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > "Mark Thompson" <[email protected] (change warm for hot)> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would be worth mentioning in
    >> my letter to MP. So far I've got:
    >
    > Excellent idea - so good I stole it.

    <url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/Organisations_
    > Opposed>

    update on the NCF site;

    Minutes of Jan 2004 meeting: http://www.nationalcyclingstrategy.org.uk/vbulletin229/upload/showthre-
    ad.php?s=b00b5065705347aca7449e6552eaaab1&threadid=327

    Policy statement:
    http://www.nationalcyclingstrategy.org.uk/vbulletin229/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328

    --
    NC - Webmaster for http://www.2mm.org.uk/ Replies to newsgroup postings to the newsgroup please.

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:44:21 -0000, "NC" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >update on the NCF site;

    Thanks. Duly updated at

    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  8. On 2004-02-06 17:26 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    >
    >> What about "Don't BHIT" as the name of the campaign?
    >
    > Tee-hee! "Don't BeHIT" perhaps?

    I like the original. Someone should run this up on a batch of cycling jerseys, helmets or caps.

    --
    Andrew Chadwick You never hear a Cricket crowd chanting "who's the bastard in the hat?"

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 17:01:22 +0000, Andrew Chadwick
    <[email protected]>:

    >I like the original. Someone should run this up on a batch of cycling jerseys, helmets or caps.

    Sounds like a job for Marc.

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  10. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:26:46 -0000, "Mark Thompson"
    <[email protected] (change warm for hot)> wrote:

    >Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would be worth mentioning in my
    >letter to MP. So far I've got:
    >
    >British Medical Association http://www.bma.org/ap.nsf/Content/CyclingPU

    "The BMA does not consider that the wearing of cycle helmets by all pedal cyclists when on the
    public highway should be made compulsory at present."

    "The BMA strongly recommends that all cyclists, especially children, wear proper fitting helmets
    which as a minimum should be certified to the EN 1078 standard, but preferably certified to the
    Snell B95 standard. It is also important that helmets are replaced after an accident."

    It would seem that the BMA and I speak as one.

  11. RogerDodger

    RogerDodger New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2004
    I'd be surprised if Gonzalez can find a helmet big enough to fit his head...

    RogerDodger

  12. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 05:26:35 GMT, RogerDodger
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'd be surprised if Gonzalez can find a helmet big enough to fit his head...

    This might do the trick. ;-)

    http://www.packers.com/pg/1998-01-25/pre/photo5.jpeg

    And you should have seen some of the other images that came up un my VDU after a google image search
    for "big helmet"!