[Helmet] Organisations against Compulsion

Mark Thompson

Guest
Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would be
worth mentioning in my letter to MP. So far I've got:

British Medical Association http://www.bma.org/ap.nsf/Content/CyclingPU Cycle Touring Club
http://www.ctc.org.uk/resources/Campaigns/0305_CTChelmetpromo8brf.doc European Cyclists' Federation
http://www.ecf.com/publications/index.htm

Are there any other organisations out there that are against compulsion?

---

"Mark Thompson" <[email protected] (change warm for hot)>

> Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would
be
> worth mentioning in my letter to MP. So far I've got:

Excellent idea - so good I stole it.

<url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/Organisations_
Opposed>

I'll add any others as notified.

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

What about "Don't BHIT" as the name of the campaign?

I feel a t-shirt coming on.

Tony

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> "Mark Thompson" <[email protected] (change warm for hot)> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would be worth mentioning in
>> my letter to MP. So far I've got:
>
> Excellent idea - so good I stole it.

<url:http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/Organisations_
> Opposed>

update on the NCF site;

Minutes of Jan 2004 meeting: http://www.nationalcyclingstrategy.org.uk/vbulletin229/upload/showthre-
ad.php?s=b00b5065705347aca7449e6552eaaab1&threadid=327

Policy statement:
http://www.nationalcyclingstrategy.org.uk/vbulletin229/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328

--
NC - Webmaster for http://www.2mm.org.uk/ Replies to newsgroup postings to the newsgroup please.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:44:21 -0000, "NC" <[email protected]> wrote:

>update on the NCF site;

Thanks. Duly updated at

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

On 2004-02-06 17:26 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
>
>> What about "Don't BHIT" as the name of the campaign?
>
> Tee-hee! "Don't BeHIT" perhaps?

I like the original. Someone should run this up on a batch of cycling jerseys, helmets or caps.

--
Andrew Chadwick You never hear a Cricket crowd chanting "who's the ******* in the hat?"

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:26:46 -0000, "Mark Thompson"
<[email protected] (change warm for hot)> wrote:

>Thought a big list of organisations that are opposed to compulsion would be worth mentioning in my
>letter to MP. So far I've got:
>
>British Medical Association http://www.bma.org/ap.nsf/Content/CyclingPU

"The BMA does not consider that the wearing of cycle helmets by all pedal cyclists when on the
public highway should be made compulsory at present."

"The BMA strongly recommends that all cyclists, especially children, wear proper fitting helmets
which as a minimum should be certified to the EN 1078 standard, but preferably certified to the
Snell B95 standard. It is also important that helmets are replaced after an accident."

It would seem that the BMA and I speak as one.

Originally posted by Gonzalez

"The BMA does not consider that...

"The BMA strongly recommends that...

It would seem that the BMA and I speak as one.

I'd be surprised if Gonzalez can find a helmet big enough to fit his head...

RogerDodger