Helmet padding

Sam123

Aug 1, 2009
Hi I have the Specialized Propero Il Helmet 2012 and looking for replacement pads in the helmet as one part has lost its sticky I cant seem to find any online

Picture of them

1ylrg8.jpg

Anyone seen them before or know if any others will stick?

Or even worth gluing the old piece back to the helmet?

Some replacement parts for Specialized helmets are available through authorized dealers. Why not contact one?

biggest non sense on equipment... helmet manufacturers do not offer replacements pads, the only reason i could think of is to force you to replace the complete helmet after a couple of years, since helmets do have an expiration date,

"helmet manufacturers do not offer replacements pads"

Perhaps not all manufacturers do not, but I have obtained replacement pads for a couple of Giro helmets and a Rudy. Catlike, Specialized, Bell and Lazer among others, also offer replacement pads.

vspa said:
biggest non sense on equipment... helmet manufacturers do not offer replacements pads, the only reason i could think of is to force you to replace the complete helmet after a couple of years, since helmets do have an expiration date,
The helmet manufacturers do offer them; however, LBS don't stock them much as they're not a high demand item. If the item cannot be found at your LBS or online (at the bigger dealers online), then it's best to contact the manufacturer.

ok sorry, they are unavailable in my area, thanks for the correction, i need a specialized set myself,

CAMPYBOB the 1st link is right they are the ones I need. Do Specialized only deliver to America only? I live in the UK

Sam, no clue...but, I would guess they have international shipping. Sign yourself up for an account and work your way thru the shopping cart with your CC number.

$5 + shipping is dirt cheap and well worth an attempt to save your nearly new helmet.

I don't know where you are located, but the British sites were listing prices of 14 pounds just for the pads (damned VAT!). That will buy a lot of shipping miles!

Good luck, Sam! I hope Specialized drop it right at your door.

Sam123 said:
CAMPYBOB the 1st link is right they are the ones I need. Do Specialized only deliver to America only? I live in the UK
Specialized have a website for the UK. They'll deliver there.

I cannot find the padding on the UK site.

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/

Sam123 said:
I cannot find the padding on the UK site. http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/
Try calling the US site or emailing the US site. Likewise you can have a local Specialized dealer special order them for you. The other option is to buy some sticky backed velcro, cut it to an appropriate size and shape, stick one side to the helmet, and stick the other side to the back of your current pads. Over here you can find such velcro at sewing shops and places like Walmart. I dunno if the UK has a Walmart analogue. I'm sorry if you do.

Sam123 said:
Cannot find there email to contact them.
Apparently Specialized have made emailing them, at least in the US, nearly impossible. I can't find the headquarters email, either. However, you might try emailing the UK office: [email protected] . You can also try emailing Fairwheel Bikes, here in the US, to see what they say. They're a Specialized dealer and just might order and ship some pads to you: [email protected] One last thing: on the Specialized US site, spare helmet pads appear under "spare parts" . The US site shows spare pads for the Propero II.

Yeh I need these ones http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftr/helmets/equipsparepartshelmets/properoiipadset But stocked in UK.. and I have no email from Us specialized yet

Sam123 said:
Yeh I need these ones http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftr/helmets/equipsparepartshelmets/properoiipadset But stocked in UK.. and I have no email from Us specialized yet
I am thinking about super gluing it back will this work?

Sam123 said:
I am thinking about super gluing it back will this work?
It won't work well and won't hold. Worse is that if you use a glue, you may be screwed when the pads eventually go all pear shaped. i'd recommend looking for the velcro mentioned above. It can be cut to the shape you need and is what almost every bike helmet manufacturer uses to keep pads in helmets anyway.