Helmet pads

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Thomps, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. Thomps

    Thomps Guest

    Sorry if this has been asked.
    I'm looking for replacement pads for my Bell Phi.
    Ideas?
    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << Sorry if this has been asked.
    I'm looking for replacement pads for my Bell Phi.
    Ideas?
    Thanks >>

    Visit your local plumbing/AC supply house and get some closed-cell neoprene
    foam tape. It has a peel-off self-stick backing and can easily be trimmed to
    any size or shape. It comes in 1/8" x 2" x 30' rolls for about $8/roll. One
    roll will last a lifetime. It's perfect for helmets. It is just the right
    density for cushioning and support, and doesn't absorb sweat or rain, so it
    won't get saturated and drip back into your eyes.

  3. "Thomps" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Sorry if this has been asked.
    > I'm looking for replacement pads for my Bell Phi.
    > Ideas?
    > Thanks.

    I contacted Bell Sports customer service (800-456-2355) and they sent me a
    set of replacement pads no charge. I've been using Bell helmets since the
    mid-'60s and have found them to be very responsive and caring to their
    customers. A great company!

  4. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    Dave Thompson wrote:
    > I contacted Bell Sports customer service (800-456-2355) and they sent me a
    > set of replacement pads no charge. I've been using Bell helmets since the
    > mid-'60s and have found them to be very responsive and caring to their
    > customers. A great company!

    I still use the original bike helmet, bought from them mail order, in July 1975. I don't
    know of any Bell bike helmets before that. The rubber band helmets were used before that
    by racers, and none by anybody else.
    --
    Ron Hardin
    [email protected]

  5. "Ron Hardin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Dave Thompson wrote:
    > > I contacted Bell Sports customer service (800-456-2355) and they sent me

    > > set of replacement pads no charge. I've been using Bell helmets since

    the
    > > mid-'60s and have found them to be very responsive and caring to their
    > > customers. A great company!

    > I still use the original bike helmet, bought from them mail order, in July

    1975. I don't
    > know of any Bell bike helmets before that. The rubber band helmets were

    used before that
    > by racers, and none by anybody else.
    > --
    > Ron Hardin
    > [email protected]
    >
    > On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

    I should have said I've been using Bell helmets (motorcyle then bicycle)
    since the mid-'60s. I've still got a Bell from '66 when I started road
    racing motorcycles.

  6. On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:06:00 GMT, Ron Hardin <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I still use the original bike helmet, bought
    > from them mail order, in July 1975.

    Wow. Are there any other clothes that old you still use regularly.
    I've got some shirts from the 1980s but can wear them only sparingly,
    otherwise they'd be done.

    JT

  7. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

    > On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:06:00 GMT, Ron Hardin <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    > >
    > >I still use the original bike helmet, bought
    > > from them mail order, in July 1975.

    > Wow. Are there any other clothes that old you still use regularly.
    > I've got some shirts from the 1980s but can wear them only sparingly,
    > otherwise they'd be done.
    >
    > JT

    As a matter of fact, there are about a dozen pairs of Bermudas from
    the early 70s that fit fine, that I'm cycling through. The shirts would
    fit too but I don't wear that style any longer, having gone informal.
    Those have buttons and I prefer white tee shirts. White is the
    universal bike visibility color.

    They don't make proper Bermudas today. The point is cooling, but with
    pockets for slacks stuff so you can wear them all the time.

    Some day on some formal occasion, I'll wear the Hawaiian shirts
    from 1968.
    --
    Ron Hardin
    [email protected]

  8. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Dave Thompson wrote:
    > I contacted Bell Sports customer service (800-456-2355) and they sent me a
    > set of replacement pads no charge. I've been using Bell helmets since the
    > mid-'60s and have found them to be very responsive and caring to their
    > customers. A great company!

    or mnemonically 800-456-BELL.
    Mid-60s? What did that look like? I recall the Bell Biker
    of 1975(?) being the "first" bicycling helmet from Bell.

    Or not?

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org